Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Larger Scale One-offs

Started by Mike Blake, April 14, 2012, 05:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Blake

Off topic but I was asked about the 120mm or thereabouts one-offs I did for our NecroRex games a while back. Some photos of a couple of the figures, Kal Jerico and Bull Gorge, now at http://photobucket.com/necrorex.

There are others, and all need some TLC after being stored in an open box in the garage. Bull Gorge needs repair on left hand chainsword, which has been broken off.

We will never do the game again as the unique 3D terrain has been disposed of, so I guess the figures are looking for  a new home (Gav - you expressed an interest?)

Having got them out, I quite fancy doing something similar with some iconic Inquisitors - any suggestions?

Dolnikan

Marvelous very nice models, really very nce, I like the Bull Gorge with the babes, somehow it is fitting.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Draco Ferox

I would suggest either Coteaz or Solomon Lok as a large-scale one-off, but a 120mm Karamazov would be incredible (and about a foot tall)

Edit: Whoops. got the name of the inquisitor lord wrong. Will report to the excruciator for about a year
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Mike Blake

Thanks. The logic for Bull's handmaidens was  - he has no hands, only chainswords, so whose going to do all the things for him he'd do with his hands?...

Draco, can you or someone point me at some inspirational artwork, or painted figures in 28mm or 54mm, please, to get the juices flowing? Having said that, I junked all the larger scale figures I'd accumulated to make some room, so I will have to start looking all over again.

Dolnikan

Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Draco Ferox

And Karamazov for The throne of judgement. I'm just joking about making it in 120mm, it would be extremely top-heavy. Lok would be cool, and I mentioned Coteaz because in my mind he's one of Games Workshop's defining inquisition models.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.