Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Holiad's 2012 GT Characters

Started by Holiad, February 24, 2012, 11:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holiad

Hello everyone, just stopping by to share some work in progress pictures of the characters I'm working on for the GT in March.

First, 'Corporal' Keltres, an ex-guardsman turned sanctioned psyker, and something of a veteran inquisitorial henchman.

By a good distance the character with the clearest concept behind it, which helped a lot in picking model parts and paint scheme. Despite the usual struggle with the robes(I can never seem to get the cursed things right), I'm quite happy with how he's turning out.
The other two characters are much less clearly defined, to the point of lacking names so far-

"Weapons, inquisitor? This is merely my collection of antique cooking utensils..."

"Look emperor, no hands!" OK, so some of the models might be more in progress than others.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

Alyster Wick

Your Inquisitor looks very interesting. I like the head, where's it from?

Your last model looks intriguing as well, I'm having trouble telling what's going on with his left hand, I think I'll need to wait for it to be fully painted before I understand.

As for the middle model you have me kicking myself that I didn't post my "Sister with the Emperor Tattoo" (as I like to call her) that uses chaos spikes as a mohawk almost exactly list your model :P In all seriousness though, I like him, lots of personality.

Kaled

That first model looks really good. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of the Thorian model, but I really like what you've done with him. And the bionic hand on the last model is great - what's the plan for his other arm?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Dolnikan

The models look very good. The guy with the cooking utensils looks very impressive and a bit scary. The psyker's parts fit very well together, he looks a bit mysterious and threatening.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Holiad

Keltres's head came out of a resin 'medeival hairstyles' pack from Historex, and Racol's(last model just got a name) hand is a fairly simple bit of work with the end of a mechadendrite, left over half-barrel from a plastic plasma gun, and bonsai wire. Plan is for his other arm to be overly large and somewhat monstrous, a recent mutation incurred in the line of duty which has ruined his career as a promising young monodominant acolyte.
Poor noble Marech
Your brave heart of fire

Holiad

Here are some finished photos of Keltres, who is ready for the IGT.

You know, I think inquisitor Covenant's backpack actually fits the Thorian inquisitor a lot better than the one which comes with the model.

Poor noble Marech
Your brave heart of fire

Dolnikan

He looks very good. I really like the combination of colours on his armour. Somehow it fits very well together.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Kaled

That is excellent - probably your best work I think. The face is especially good.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Looks good to me - very good, in fact. It seems like a lot of people are trying to step up their P&M efforts this year.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

Very nice stuff, I'm a big fan of the Thorian body anyway, but you've got a good conversion there.

Is the head from one of the Pegasus head packs or a different source?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Tyrant

That is a nice little power claw on your previous photos. Sometimes little things really surprise me and I think thats great. As for keltres, he is looking very natural, everything about it (pose, colours etc) all bends in well to make a very "complete" model.

Nathan.
AKA SquareWave

Dwi

I have to agree with you on the backpack thing and he most certenly looks the business. Well done! Although I have to ask; wheres the head from? 
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

Holiad

Thanks all for the comments on Keltres-the head pack I got from Historex, and is simply labelled "medieval hairstyles set one" on the order form. Here are finished pics of Keltres' somewhat sinister associate, Anatol, taking his cutlery for an innocent walk in the sun.

Poor noble Marech
Your brave heart of fire

Draco Ferox

I like the guy exersising his cutlery. Those colours really add to the model, and they attract the eye without managing to overhsadow the rest of it. Very well done.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Dolnikan

I really like that model. He sure likes his cutting implements. The colours of his clothing are well done, they are very realistic.