Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inq28 at the Ammobunker OpenBash 2012

Started by MarcoSkoll, March 11, 2012, 01:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Just back from this year's Ammobunker OpenBash, and I bring plenty of pictures with me.

http://s772.photobucket.com/albums/yy3/MarcoSkoll/Inquisitor%20Events/OpenBash2012/

Somehow it ended up being me running the table and we got through a couple of 28mm games in amongst other stuff.

~~~~~

Game 1 was Inquisitor Adorno (Molotov) and Tybalt (Keravin) trying to argue it out over an ancient book and its various fakes.
Molotov had some bad luck with action rolls that slowed him down quite a lot at the start, but his chrono-gladiator managed to do a lot of damage regardless (injuring Interrogator Serren, Arbitrator Camiron and her cyber-mastiff). Tybalt got some good Banishment rolls in and put Mol's Seraphael out of the game, and eventually he managed to wrest the genuine book from Mourn.

~~~~~

Game 2 was Lord Markus Karlmunn (myself), Inquisitor Tybalt and Priest Cecil Sonerhud (PDH) simply trying to collect various items of interest.
This one involved a very protracted close combat, because Markus and PDH's Governor Daven Kel-Rosber got into combat with each other - Markus largely unable to do serious damage to Daven, but also being too good on the defence for Daven to hit back. They were still fighting it out when we called it a game.
Keravin came out on top again, actually managing to escape with some objectives without any of his characters dying. Although he does have to buy a second replacement cyber-mastiff.
PDH's Factotum Exexaus Pernor had some fun with a drum-mag autogun, going completely full-auto for an entire turn - with precisely zero hits.
My own Cerys didn't do so well, but Sian managed to make a bit of a mess - possibly because she went through two lasgun charge packs in one game.

Pictures for this one will be slightly odd, as we had to change a piece of scenery mid-game because it needed to be taken home.

~~~~~

Other than that, John Blanche was around during the day. Came over and checked out the table full of Inq28 models in the morning (at which point, Mol encouraged me to show him the 54mm Battle Sister I had along), and brought his sketchbook around at lunch. Lots of interesting stuff that hasn't made it to print and/or the web yet - I can only hope he succeeds in his quest to get Steve Buddle to make a model of the mechanically winged Seraphim.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Keravin

Some more shots of the games and the figures on display from the bash.

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/keravin/AB%20Bash%202012/

Thanks very much to Marco for running the games.   I think various of us have gotten better ideas of things we may change about our characters to get them to better reflect the characters we have in mind.

Dolnikan

It seems like you guys had a lot of fun. Lots of great models, how many people were there?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MarcoSkoll

The overall Bash - not actually sure. Somewhere in the 20s or 30s.

Inquisitor-wise - er... Mol, El Diablo, myself, Keravin, PDH, Riseofthemagi, Nick, Darren, Tychonaut,  Si... possibly forgetting a few, and some of those guys were mostly doing other things.

~~~~~

Now I'm slightly more alert:

- Got a chance to use Kaled's turn cards, and have two observations that I'm going to change for future.
The first I made on the day, adding a note to take photos to the "End of Turn" card (which is why I am well equipped for photos, despite only running two games).
The other is going to be either an extra card at the end of the turn or an additional note on the "End of Turn" card about any characters that have delayed their actions, because those are quite easily forgotten.

- Someone (I think it was Mol) also brought along Fragmatic's counters. Worked well as a reminder but, dumped wholesale in a tub, not so much as a timesaver.
A compartmented tray so you didn't have to shuffle through them to find the right one could improve this, but I think I'll be sticking to using small dice. Possibly because I haven't got any other uses for my tiny dice!
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

some nice shots there guys, good to see Inq28 in action
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy