Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

If YOU were in Inquisitor...

Started by Dwi, March 17, 2012, 07:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwi

@Trasher:
Quote from: Trasher on March 18, 2012, 03:50:22 PM
So Dwi, is this just out of general interest, did you just want to tell us who you'd be, or is this a kind of survey?

I just thought that it would be something interesting and driffrent compared to the normal "This Guys like..." or "I don't like this char..." sort of thing we got here. That and I wanted to get your thoughts on things like this as I have been toying with the idea.

And I like to get to know my fellow forum mates a bit. Something wrong with that?

Quote from: Brother_Brimstone on March 18, 2012, 04:06:21 PM
I always find questions like this a bit problematic. To face facts, the majority of members of the imperium are, for want of a better term, rabble - peasants, underhivers, industrial workers etc... By statistics alone it's almost certain we would be either a home-front worker or, at best, cannon fodder. It's also kind of difficult insofar as education in the Imperium is nothing like what we have now, so while someone now might have a degree in engineering, it hardly means they would be an Imperial engineer.

Thats fine for me as my whole family and myself for that matter, is/are/have been, pretty much what you just said. I myself like ships and boats so my in game/40K guy I would like to thing would, most likely be a Fraight/Cargo ship Captain if we are goeing down the line of hands on work like you said. Most likely I would have my char ship the IQ agents around or something as a backgrouing char/NPC.
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

Trasher

"Something wrong with that?" Oh not at all! You might've misinterpreted me, I just wanted to know what you meant to do with this :) I find the answers of this thread pretty interesting.
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

Adlan

I based one of my characters, Rifleman Verger, on what I'd do in a game of Inquisitor. And when I say what I'd do, I don't mean run away from the horrible grimdark monsters, you know what I mean. I try and play him as if he's following the basic skills and drills from the TA. It is kinda gutting when I keep only getting aim actions, but that's the way I'd actually be, and it's more fun to play with limitations.

Ynek

Quote from: Dwi on March 18, 2012, 10:23:12 PM
And I like to get to know my fellow forum mates a bit. Something wrong with that?

It might interest you to know that there's a general-purpose forum in the conclave's extended family of websites, called 'arkhan's mind'. (If memory serves me correctly. I can't honestly say that I visit it very often as my desire for inane banter is usually satiated by colleagues, and the strange barflies (as in "shouldn't you be hanging around a pub closer to hogwarts?) people who tend to hang around in my local bar, so I don't often feel the need to hop over to The 'Mind.

It's just that if you want to get to know the conclave sages in a more relaxed, less 'topic locked' way, that's where you'd get the best results.

Anyway, if I were an Inquisitor character, I would probably be a pariah. (People find me scary/creepy for no apparent reason. Seriously. It makes it difficult to meet women. Apparently, I just have a scary aura. Since pariahs don't exist in real life, but they do in the 40kverse, I'm fairly confident I would be one of them.) I would have a moderate weapon skill, moderate ballistic skill (around WS60/BS40) mediocre S+T, relatively high sagacity (I can solve problems pretty swiftly) and probably a stupidly high willpower stat. (I'm notoriously difficult to negotiate with.)

I would probably have been a petty crook on the streets of some ungodly hive somewhere. With my natural scariness and pariahness, gangs would have been unwilling to let me join, so I would probably have made a life as a solo-operator, like an informant, mugger or pickpocket. Maybe I'd get picked up by a more interesting organisation, but maybe not...
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Ynek on March 22, 2012, 12:10:35 AMIt might interest you to know that there's a general-purpose forum in the conclave's extended family of websites, called 'arkhan's mind'.
It's not been posted on since October and it was getting about a post a week before that. It has, essentially, been abandoned.
(I never found it helped that people often had different names on both. For an only occasional attendee, keeping track of who was who and who was/wasn't on the Conclave wasn't very easy.)

But yeah, the Conclave isn't really keen on off topic general chat kind of stuff.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dwi

Quote from: Ynek on March 22, 2012, 12:10:35 AM
I would probably have been a petty crook on the streets of some ungodly hive somewhere. With my natural scariness and pariahness, gangs would have been unwilling to let me join, so I would probably have made a life as a solo-operator, like an informant, mugger or pickpocket. Maybe I'd get picked up by a more interesting organisation, but maybe not...

I just got this image of you running around with two post pistols like the scummer hired gun from Nercomunda yelling "I am Pariah!"
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

RobSkib

I believe that all characters have some small amount of self injected into them in creation, whether intentional or not. I know I'm guilty of that, and some of the characters I have written hit incredibly close to the similarity mark, however, no model I've found has managed to capture the quantities of handsome required for a true doppelganger ;)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Easy E

If for some reason, I tried to create a character that had some of my traits in Inquisitor here are some of the traits I would consider:

1. Good at researching/archiving things
2. Charismatic leader
3. A bit like a bull-in-a-China shop when it comes to process
4. Not very politically/organizationaly agile
5. Introverted

If a character had all of these traits, they could be an okay Inquisitor/Alcolyte type character. 
^Cheapskate^

Necris

If I existed in 40K I'd be a failed Tech Priest Adept reduced to manning the ranks of the Skitarii with a bionic legs because lets face it I need them, I'd have a preference for combat weapons over guns as I am a much better swordsman than I am a marksman and I'd more than likely die in my first battle as I'm a big clumsy bugger
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Akuro Adenn

Personally, I probably would have ended up as an AdMech Artisan with control of a forge ship or two. I'd have probably taken that and ran to the outskirts, going Heretek and taking everyone with me.

On a side note of the whole self insertion bit, it usually helps lend credence if one actually looks at the factors it would have taken to get them to where they were so similar. While it wouldn't be 'you', it would be close enough for most.

And I personally take particular traits as the main theme for some characters. I actually have a somewhat fragmented personality, so there are a lot to choose from.

Seargent Maxwell Forest

I based all my inquisitor characters on myself and others.

My latest character is everything I want to be:
Manipulative
Always wears his blank mask [Those who don't show love, fear and guilt make the best killers]
Lets others do the dirty work and finishes the rest himself.

Whenever I think about basing a character on a person I think about their individual chareteristics and then add things to make them that awesome Inquisitor character.
"What happens to the Imperium should it realy achieve peace?"

Serge

Honestly, I'd be Voidborn (of planetary nobility linage), either as some kind of entertainer or sent to the Eversor temple for training at young age. Or simply an adept. (I never did any military duty, but was told by the "recruiters" that if I'd did, I'd serve as the guy who keeps track of all the maps for the tacticians, with possibility to become a tactician or something later if I stayed. I sometimes wonder why I declined. Spatial Genius is not Logical Genius. )
Nothing endorses anything that has something to do with me.