Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Operation Stop Leaving Models Unfinished For Years!

Started by Van Helser, March 28, 2012, 01:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

So, I'm awful for starting things and then getting distracted by new ideas.  It's a terrible thing.  I have however been very stern with myself and decided that for every new creation I want to build and paint I must finish one of the many partially built and painted models I have lying on my desk.

First up I have a Templar Psykana that was started last year to be a sample character for the psyker article I wrote for Dark Magenta.  She was designed to model the "Wall Walk" power, hence the rather unusual pose...

I decided to use her as a test bed for some freehand, which isn't the best, but it was good practice.  I enjoyed painting some brighter primary colours for once, and put the NMM gold technique I recently learned to work on making her pistol look especially antique. 

The building process was fraught with irritation thanks to the foil I elected to use for the coat, and contributed greatly to not finishing her sooner.  I had tried to fix it with ProCreate, but made little impact.  I am completely sworn off the stuff now.  Only Milliput cloaks from now on!  One little conversion I was very pleased with was the addition of the halo from a 40k Space Marine Devastator servo skull to the helmet - looks far more like a psychic hood now.

She will be the last model for a while now that I'm having shoulder surgery on Friday, but there are another few to bulk out this thread once I'm good to go again.

Ruaridh

Dolnikan

The model is great, very well-painted and the pose is strange, but in a good way, it really attracts attention.

And good luck with your surgery!
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Heroka Vendile

she looks like she belongs in a lobby.

effective conversion there Ruaridh, certainly shouts athletic (psyker) combatant.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Hmm. While it is an interesting pose and done well, I am a little unsure as to quite how odd she might look used in game. Perhaps more of a mini-diorama than a play piece to my eye.

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on March 29, 2012, 01:03:55 AMshe looks like she belongs in a lobby.
That music was exactly how I planned to set the scene for one of the possible fights from our DH campaign. Never happened though, so no music.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

Would it be the one in the Warden Tower? Because frankly i just killed everything

MarcoSkoll

No - it relied on one of the many plot hooks you ignored/missed. All in all, I think my plot wasn't right for you guys, as most of the investigation and moral choice was lost by the way you played through and that left me without a lot of the material I had tried to write.

But this is not the place to discuss our DH game.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on March 29, 2012, 03:26:28 PM
No - it relied on one of the many plot hooks you ignored/missed. All in all, I think my plot wasn't right for you guys, as most of the investigation and moral choice was lost by the way you played through and that left me without a lot of the material I had tried to write.

"Impossible! We're an ambitious young squad with everything to prove." - the Brains, The Why of Fry, Futurama (and in our instance "prove" meant shoot lots of people in the face)

Sure we took the more direct route of "here's our target, lets capture him out the fastest way we can", but what the heck, we're still relatively new to this (both IC and OOC) :P
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy