Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

WIP Big guy

Started by Inquisitor Liss, September 16, 2009, 03:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Liss

I think this was a War Zone figure. I found it in a bargain bin for $8 because it was missing stuff (which I dont know what?) I added the arm and some green stuff for scars but I dont know if it is Inquisitor okay. It seems really big, although my friend thinks it used to be used for 28mm which is nuts :o  It just seems lacking what do you guys think

From a game perspective I dont even want to speculate what damage that artillery piece it calls a gun would do to that Inquisitor  ;)

Kaled

I can't say I particularly like the figure myself, but it could have a place in a game, perhaps as the focus for a scenario - capture the foul xenos, or that sort of thing.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

beef5570

your friend is right it was for a 28mm game called warzone and it was called a 'venusian masculator' I think. Nice model does look a little big but so what.
Rob

kierkegaard

Looks like a big (damn) ugly mutant/alien to me.

I don't care much for the model either, but that is purely for aesthetic reasons.

I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it being used in a game (I don't see how it can be 'too big' for Inquisitor.)

TheNephew

I think that's for the 54mm Fantasy Flight game (came up on here a week or two ago), but it's still huge, especially considering the FF humans are closer to 50mm true scale.
THe gun's position combined with it's sheer size make it look a little off, but otherwise it could be some sort of mutant ogryn, or Necromunda scaley perhaps.

Adlan

I rather like it. The Crossed arms is what spoils it for me, looks un natural, having the claw arm hang down to it's side would of greatly improved it, but I like the join with the main body, looks all knotted and keliod's.

Also, major mould line on the join.

How are you planning on painting the big fella?

Inquisitor Liss

I havent decided how I am going to paint it yet and I am still debating on that claw arm too. I had it orginally in the air but I though that made it a little tall for terrain and the like. I may put it under the gun and make it look like it is holding the big gun up a little.

precinctomega

As a PC, bad.  As an NPC, EXCELLENT!

I agree that moving the arms somehow would be a good plan, not least because both the claw and the "rifle" are focus points on the model and having them too close together detracts from that quality.

R.

RobSkib

If you could somehow sculpt a cocking lever or equivalent onto the gun inside the claw, it would look like he's reloading/cocking/unjamming his weapon with his hefty clawed hand.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.