Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Hive Ganger Heavy

Started by kierkegaard, September 10, 2009, 11:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kierkegaard

Some of you might remember the Hive Gang that I made a couple of years ago. Well, now they have some heavy fire power.

(Sorry for the lack of pictures, and the poor quality of the one picture that I posted, but my camera has gone crazy and this was the best one I could salvage.)

Like all the other Hive Gangers, he is built out of a combination of Toothpick Murke and Talon pieces. His head is from the Bodyguard/Bosun. His arms are from a 40k Ork with a 'big shoota.'

Hope you like him.

Aidan

Wow, that's really good. Painting's good and the pose is very well done, I always find it a bit of a challenge to get people holding heavy weapons neatly (though I suppose the ammo feed helps). How you can keep finding Toothpic Murke and Ganger Talon pieces is beyond me. I envy you. (If I'm not mistaken you're the guy with the large number of themed mooks, who did an article in DM, right?)

-Aidan.

Hadriel Caine

Nicely done as ever sir!

Especially like the face on this. he looks very rugged and determined.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Kasthan

Very nice, love the blacked up eyes. Looks extra hard.

Kaled

Excellent work there Nick - the face is just fantastic, and I love the pose with him feeding the ammo into the heavy stubber.  The sling is a nice touch too and really makes the pose 'work' - without it the gun would look awfully unbalanced.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

catferret

Hmmm, those ork arms seem to work rather well.  I may need to start experimenting...

Model looks great Nick.  Awesome pose.

kierkegaard

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm glad that you like it.

The pose is all down to the way that the bits fit together. I used these arms, which happened to fit pretty much perfectly on the Talon torso. All I did was position the head so that he was looking where the gun was pointing, and greenstuff his collar to cover up the mess that I made removing Talon's dog tags.

The face was painted very simply. I base coated it in Tallarn flesh, gave a light Tallarn flesh/Skull white highlight, and washed it all down with Ogryn flesh wash (two or three coats on the beard - the stubble effect is actually pocks in the sculpting, so they caught a lot of the wash.)

Aidan - Yes, I am the guy who did the model showcase article in DM issue 2. I don't 'keep finding' OOP bits though, I have them sitting in my bits box (which would probably make you all weep with envy, or attempt to kill me.) I bought some of them before the great cull, and the rest were picked up from GW USA or ebay.

Adlan

Very nice, but he's only got around 16 shots left. Does he have any spare ammo?

Ynek

There are a lot of parts that I really love on this model. I love the way that you've painted the stubble. It's always surprised me that so many so-called "scumbags" of the 41st millennium still take the time in the morning to make sure that they shave, since so many of them are clean-shaven. It's nice to see more models sporting facial hair. I also really like the way that you've painted the blue for his trousers. They just look so soft, but perhaps they're a little bit too clean for a fella who's supposed to be living in the vilest corners of an Imperial hive city.

Anyway, all in all, a very nice model, and in spite of his apparently limited ammo supply, I really like him. :)
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

RobSkib

Ahh, the ubiquitous Ork arms, good job on finding a pair that sit so neatly on a body on their own, I knew they were good, but I didn't know they were that good, kudos!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

kierkegaard

Quote from: Ynek on September 12, 2009, 09:56:33 AM
a little bit too clean for a fella who's supposed to be living in the vilest corners of an Imperial hive city.

I'm afraid that all my models suffer from this problem. This is due to the fact that I am not skilled enough to make weathering effects look like anything other than badly applied paint.

He (the model anyway) doesn't have any extra ammo stashed about his person. If I had been able to get hold of the backpack that goes with those arms, I would have used it (it wasn't in stock at either of the bits websites when I bought the arms.) Oh well, he is just a grunt/NPC.

RobSkib

Quote from: kierkegaard on September 15, 2009, 07:27:55 PMHe (the model anyway) doesn't have any extra ammo stashed about his person. If I had been able to get hold of the backpack that goes with those arms, I would have used it (it wasn't in stock at either of the bits websites when I bought the arms.) Oh well, he is just a grunt/NPC.

You should've said, I have loads of them lying around if you wanted to trade!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Hadriel Caine

And we always complain about GWs lack of support for Inquisitor.

The Ork range was OBVIOUSLY designed primarily for Inquisitor then somebody realise they should manufacture some bodies for them too...

;)

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'