Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

KrautScientist's INQ28

Started by KrautScientist, April 03, 2012, 01:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrautScientist

Thanks, Shannow! The paintjob really owes a lot to Ron of "From The Warp": I really dig his take on gritty realism and I think it's a fantastic fit for Inquisitor models!
Check out my blog at http://www.eternalhunt.wordpress.com

World Eaters | INQ28 | Terrain | Other

KrautScientist

Hey guys,

just wanted to show you something I am working on atm. I've been thinking of this conversion for quite a while now, so I swung by the FLGS yesterday to buy another plastic Nurgle Lord. Here's what he's turned into:

It's quite obvious that the model's nowhere near finished, but I guess you can see where I am headed with this. I wanted two twist brothers, one huge and dumb, the other one smart and tiny, commanding his brother from atop his back. This one was basically inspired by a certain movie ("Two Men enter...") and by an end boss in the old "Jedi Knight" game. And by a couple of bitz from the Ogre Kingdoms -- in the end, everything just fell into place.

The basic outline for the model is pretty much complete. but I imagine that I'll be adding lots of stuff to give it the certain "je-ne-sais-quoi"  ;D

Your suggestions are very welcome, of course!  :)

Dolnikan

A great idea for a model. It looks very good. Buthow did you make the gun?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

KrautScientist

Thanks Dolnikan!

To tell you the truth, I didn't make anything: That gun comes with the GK Terminator kit. I just tacked it onto the model as it was - presto  ;D Although I'll probably end up putting a few additional bits and bobs on it to make it look a bit less hi-tech.

Heroka Vendile

Man that Nurgle lord is proving to be a very versatile base for conversions.

Nice characterful design, sure it'll look great when finished.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

KrautScientist

It's actually kind of strange how those plastic WFB characters are pretty much the best Inquisitor models GW has put out in ages...  ;)

Anyway, one more small update before I turn in for the night  :D

Just couldn't keep my hands still, so I worked on the twist brothers some more:

I didn't do that much: Just added an Ogre fist to the big guy's right arm. I quite like it, but if I keep it, it means I'll have to hollow the inside out, because there's an Ogre hand there that's upside down now  :D

I also added the beginnings of a top hat to the smaller brother. In my opinion, that's just the kind of detail that ends up giving the model a demented kind of charm  :D

Let me know what you think!

Shannow

The lack of top hats in inquisitor is criminal! I am glad to see someone is rectifying this :P Good stuff!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Inquisitor Dionzi

SKYFALL MINIATURES

Draco Ferox

I do like the top hat, but maybe flattening off the top to give it the good ol' stovepipe look might work. The combination also reminds me of a certain champion of Tzeench, but without them being fuseed together.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

KrautScientist

Thanks a lot, guys!  :)

I agree that the top hat needs a bit more work. I'll do that as soon as the GS has cured. Yesterday evening, I was just too afraid I would completely screw it up  ;)

Dolnikan

I love the hat, hats are great additions to almost any model. This model is a great place for it, it adds a lot of character.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

KrautScientist

Thanks, Dolnikan!  :)

Another small update on the brothers: I tried a different weapon on the bigger brother's right arm in order to see if I would like it better than the gauntlet and added an ammo feed to his weapon. I also gave him a respirator over the lower half of his face (ignore the dangling canister, as it can easily be cut away). Take a look at the changes:

None of these changes are permanent yet. So, what do you think: gauntlet or club? Resirator or no respirator?

I also laid out all the different bitz I may yet be using on the model:

If anyone has another idea, let me know!  ;)

Dolnikan

To be honest I think I prefer the gauntlet, it keeps the bigbrother a bit bulkier which I think fits him. The respirator is a good addition, it 40k-ifies the model even further and hides the rather dull lower part of the face.

KrautScientist

Thanks, Dolnikan!

I think I'll go back to the gauntlet -- it just seems to make more sense for the character. I'll also add more cabling to the model: The cables you can see in the third picture will be added to his weapon arm, running from the weapon to his back or something like that. I will also add one or two of the electrical coils, probably to his shoulderpad.

Still not sure about the respirator, though. Maybe I'll just have to wait until I painted the face and reevaluate the whole thing then. I think the respirator helps in "40kifying" the model, like you say, but it takes away a lot of expression. But it's only a small bit, so I can still add it when I don't like the painted face ;)

Another question: Do you think the smaller brother should get some kind of weapon (a Laspistol in his left hand, for example)? Or should he be entirely defenseless withouth his brother?

RobSkib

Who run Bartertown?

Awesome model! I love the concept but I have to agree with Dol - I much preferred the gauntlet to the club. To be honest, I'm not sure he needs the respirator either - he's a bit too low tech to worry about such things as breathing properly. Stick some more cables on it and he's golden - sometimes less is more, and you might detract from the original character of the model if you keep gluing gubbinz to it.

Keep up the great work!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.