Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Legio cybernetica - Looking for Rules and Stats

Started by Nemesis, April 15, 2012, 10:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemesis

Looking for anything, I did a search and found (Topic: Rules for ''droids''???)

I'm looking to make a Mantle of 3 Robots programmed into Slave units with my Main character having the Master control. One going to be anti gravity unit with smoke launchers and las pistol with Auspexes and combination of Servo Gun and Hunter skull it's also a Wi-fi booster for The Up-link to the others.

http://karanak.deviantart.com/art/Fire-support-Droid-FSX-30m-188292201?q=boost%3Apopular%20droid&qo=1

Look like this but with make Gothic look (doing anyone know where to get 54mm skullz)

The other is a archeotech robot design

http://muju.deviantart.com/art/Robot-149067240?q=boost%3Apopular%20robot&qo=237

Need to go to work continue Post later

Dolnikan

When you look for it on the internet it is possible to find the old rules for the imperial robots, including the programming flowcharts which could be a very nice addition to them in Inquisitor.  There also is a bit of background. They were in WD 104.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Nemesis

Chapter Approved: Imperial Robots (by Mike Brunton, excerpted from WD 104)

[DATA REDACTED] - straight posting of Copyrighted Material isn't allowed here, i've left the reference for those who wish to seek such information :)

Koval

This really isn't the place to reproduce GW IP or violate copyright...

Kaled

Depending on the size / capabilities of the robot you could use a variation on the cyber-mastiff and servo-skull rules. If a robot is particularly sophisticated just treat it as a normal character but restrict yourself on the sorts of actions it performs based on what it's programmed to do.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Charax

ooh, time to dig out my old Robot rules again...

Seek-Locate-Destroy: Robots in Inquisitor

Step 1: Choose Chassis:
Small:
-30% to hit
Strength: Up to 100
40 Build Points
1 Hardpoint

Medium:
Man-sized
Strength: Up to 200
80 Build points
2 Hardpoints

Large:
+20% to hit
Strength: Up to 350
120 Build Points
4 Hardpoints

Step 2: Choose Statistics:
All robots start with 10 points in every statistic, with every further increase by 10 costing a build point (this may be split, so that for one build point 5 can be added to two seperate stats)
The robot has no Wp, Sg, Nv or Ld statistics, and may not purchase them unless it has a Cortex (see below). Of the remaining statistics, Ws and/or Bs may be reduced to 0 and S and/or toughness may be reduced to 5 using the same ratio of 5 stat points/1 build point. Robots are never required to take tests for psychological effects such as fear or pinning.

Step 3: Choose Armour:
All robots start with armour 4 on all locations. this may be increased at a rate of 1 build point per location. Each build point can increase the armour of one location by 1, or reduce it by 1.
Some robots will have non-standard location tables - this is fine, a lower number of locations means cheaper armour, but a higher chance of each location taking damage, whereas the cost of high amounts of locations really add up.

Step 4: Equipment and Weapons:
Equipment can be built in to robots for a cost of 1 build point for every 5 weight, as long as the equipment's weight does not exceed the robot's strength. Such equipment is part of the robot's structure, protected by it's armour and the commands for operating it are encoded directly into the robot's Firmware. Weapons must be mounted on one of the Robot's hardpoints - a pistol takes up half of a hardpoint, a basic weapon or close combat weapon takes up one hardpoint and a heavy weapon takes up two.

Energy weapons feed from the robot's internal power supply, and thus replace their reload value with a recharge value equal to it (or, if they already have a recharge value, it carries over). Non-energy weapons must have ammo loaded into the robot, costing one build point per standard reload - note that this is not an actual reload - it is just *space* for a reload, and autoloader mechanisms for it, the ammo itself (along with any special ammo therein) must be acquired and loaded seperately, usually by the robot's minder.
All robots have Quickload and Rock Steady Aim for any weapons they possess (meaning that the recharge rate of energy weapons will be half their usual reload rate/recharge rate)

Any number of the robot's hardpoints may be replaced with a Hand at the cost of 2 build points - this allows the robot to use weapons that are not built into it, but the robot loses it's quickload and Rock Steady Aim abilities for these weapons.

Standard equipment:
All the following equipment is standard in a robot, and costs no build points, but certain systems can be removed to free up build points for other uses.

Communicator:
This device allows the transfer of data between the robot, other friendly robots and the robot's commander (usually a tech-adept of the Legio cybernetica, but sometimes an Inquisitor, or even an arbites officer in the case of razorfangs) - it accomodates wireless data transfer, and if the robot is equipped with a sensor package, it can pick up messages encoded in any of the senses it has - it can hear and respond to verbal orders (security features include encoding to a specific voice, or a spoken keyphrase preceeding the order) or written ones (perhaps written in code, or an obscure language) or any combination (verbal orders given by someone wearing a certain symbol, for example). Communicators are vital for robots without a cortex.

IFF system:
Allows the robot to recognise friends and enemies - by default, anyone in the warband it's in is a "friend" anyone else is a "foe" - other designations are left to common sense - an Arbites mastiff will see all arbites and law enforcement as friends. Anyone attacking a known "friend" will instantly be classified as a "foe". A robot without an IFF views everyone as a Foe. Damage to the IFF can be very dangerous. The IFF costs 1 build point and is weightless

Sensor package:
As standard, the Robot's sensor package gives them the effects of advanced bionic vision and hearing. For an extra build point each, additional senses can be added to this package. Adding an auspex or gunsight to the sensor package (in the same manner as having such things incorporated into bionic eyes) costs a build point.

Autoloader:
This is installed on all robots with projectile weapons, and is what bestows the Quickload ability for that weapon. This costs 1 build point per reload of capacity, as mentioned above. if removed (or rather, not present to begin with) the Robot does not have Quickload for that weapon, and reloading must be done manually (this can be done by the robot if it has a hand, or otherwise by a human loader.

Recoil Supressor:
A series of springs, weapon cradles and hydraulics bestow the Rock Steady Aim ability upon the robot for all weapons it is fitted with - for 2 build points per hardpoint, this can be removed.

Optional Upgrades:
These are, in effect, pieces of equipment that can only be bought for and used by a robot, unless otherwise stated. Build point costs are given.

Cortex:
A vat of artificial organic tissue and circuitry, the cortex contains all the basic operating protocols of a robot (such as how to walk, or what each of it's weapons is which) in addition to the capability to accept program cards - small slices of bioplastic that contain the programs the robot is to follow in battle. Each level of Cortex bestows 10Sg on the robot, which effects the complexity of the program it can run (see Programs). The robot's other mental statistics are largely useless given the immunity to psychology, but the cortex allows the option of spending build points to raise the mental statistics. Sg cannot be raised other than through the purchase of a more complex cortex, and none of the mental statistics can ever exceed double the robot's Sg. Each level of cortex costs 5 build points. Any robot lacking a Cortex is a Familiar.

F-T-E system:
The FTE or For The Emperor system is a self-destruct device designed in such a way that the explosion is channelled through the robot's primary systems, melting them to slag and preventing the secrets of such technology falling into the hands of the Emperor's enemies. It can be triggered by the robot itself, or by the robot's controller. When triggered, calculate damage as if a demolition charge had detonated on top of the robot, all hits to the robot will bypass its armour (as it's inside). A FTW system weighs 25 and costs 10 build points.

Powerfield/Powerfield synchroniser:
Medium or larger robots only.
A Powerfield is a very powerful but energy-consuming form of forcefield that projects a bubble of energy around the generator that protects against most forms of attack. A powerfield generator projects a 5D10 forcefield in a sphere three yards out from the robot. people can pass through the forcefield, and the robot can walk around fleely, but any shots fired into *or out of* the bubble must cause damage in excess of the forcefield's value to pass through. A powerfield generator takes up 20 Build Points and has a weight of 50.
The Powerfield syncroniser is a device attached to the Powerfield generator that causes it to flicker on and off for fractions of a second - the device then relays the status of the field to the Cortex and fire control systems, allowing it to bypass the shields - a robot with a powerfield and syncroniser is therefore unaffected by its own field when shooting. A syncroniser takes up 5 build points and has a weight of 10. Any shot fired into the powerfield will bypass it if the to-hit roll was 0-5%

Organic Camouflage:
The robot has a layer of cloned synthflesh grafted on top of its armour, causing it to resemble a human or other creature. the robot's armour remains at the basic level of 4 and cannot be upgraded, but it may wear armour on top of the synthflesh for additional protection. Bioscanners will show the robot as a living being (the synthetic flesh is kept alive by internal nutrient feeds) and subdermal thermoconductor plates give the robot a realistic, but somewhat high, heat distribution profile when viewed through thermal imaging devices such as Infrascopes - of course, this is literally only skin deep, and any damage above Light to any location will reveal it as being robotic - sufficiently advanced robots will have programming allowing them to pass this off as being subdermal bionics, but such occasions are rare. Organic camouflage costs 15 Build Points and weighs 5 - it includes a set of microactuators for mimicing things such as facial expression and muscle movement, and a vocal system capable of passing for a human voice (or other sounds appropriate to the disguise). Obviously, robots with more or less locations than a normal human cannot pass for one, but may be able to pass for something else. Large-chassis robots may be built to resemble Ogryns, and small-chassis robots children or pets.

I wrote a set of program rules but they quickly got FAR too complicated
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Nemesis

the large robot came up pretty powerful i think

Ws   Bs      S       T       I      Wp     Sg      Nv     Ld
50    50   220   150    20       0     10        0       0

Hard point = 2 Multi Lasers on Body

Lvl 1 Cortex

Edited stat line

Charax

"none of the mental statistics can ever exceed double the robot's Sg"

200 is a tiny bit more than double 10

Dolnikan

The WP and NV are basically nonexistant stats for a robot so I would leave them at -. It indeed is a powerful thing, I would avoid using it in most scenarios because of its power.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Charax

Wp matters a LOT when it comes to things like resisting psychic powers (which mostly aren't psychological effects) - the idea is that the Cortex gives the Robot a greater degree of independence, but it's an organic component and therefore vulnerable to psychic influence (unless you have a really, really advanced Cortex)

Psychic Shriek, for example, is fantastic at incapacitating a Cortex because the brain is simple and can't handle the sensory overload.

Draco Ferox

Charax, the FTE cortex is listed later in the post as a FTW cortex. Whilst this seems like a piece of errata, I would reccomend leaving it in, as I like it.

Here's my attempt at a robot (no prizes for guessing the inspiration):

Medium chassis
WS   BS    S     T     I   Wp   Sg   Nv   Ld
30    50   120  130  60   40   40   60   30
Organic camouflage; 4 cortex levels; infra-scope built into eye; inbuilt bio-scanner; recoil supressors taken off both hardpoints;

Has a high magnum stubber with a laser sight, a lever-action shotgun and a long coat.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Drubbels

Previously "Adeptus Noob"

MarcoSkoll

One would suspect that, but I can't ever remember the Terminator ever having a long coat (or that combination of weapons). :P
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Ynek

Wasn't there talk of a Dark Magenta article along these lines at one point?
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Draco Ferox

The weaponry was a mixture of his pistol from the first film, and if you can't work out why he has a lever action shotgun, I'm ashamed of you. The long coat was because it would allow the robot to conceal the weapons when out and about.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.