Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Stromm

Started by Lucien Alexius, March 31, 2012, 03:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

Quote from: Lucien Alexius on April 04, 2012, 10:18:07 AMSay the Inquisitor lost his eyesight, chaos scarring or something that prevented bionic replacements, and although he could use his psychic powers to sense where others were, he would use his familiar as his primary forms of sensing. What sort of special abilities/disadvantages could I include to this character. For example, "Because of the advanced targeting array on the servo skull, The Inquisitor is able to calculate range and targets with incredible accuracy." If the servo skull is destroyed however he would suffer some form of penalty on ballistic skill.

Warp Sight

Through dint of living as an Astropath or some other un-natural phenomenon, the character is blessed (or cursed!) with an advanced sixth sense - literally being able to see the world via the ebb and flow of the warp. Characters with Warp Sight are almost always blind, having their 'true sight' replaced with Warp Sight.
This warp-sight means they count as having a 360 degree field of view - their vision is blocked as normal by intervening terrain as it too has a slight warp presence that can obscure those behind it. Characters with the Blunt ability may be almost invisible to the Astropath, but a true Pariah will appear as a gaping void, a hole where something should be. The Astropath will know where the Pariah is, but will be unable to actually 'see' them.

Yoinked from here. Would this do?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Lucien Alexius

That sounds pretty much spot on what I was looking for :) cheers man. absolutely what I was looking for.
... the Inquisitor roared in frustration, his laspistol flying out from it's holster and aiming at the renegade acolyte's pale, shaved head. The whipcrack of las-shot seemed to hang in the air followed by the thud of a body toppling sideways...

Lucien Alexius

Alright then, the latest incarnation of Inquisitor Stromm including the first member of his warband. I've added some more fluff and changed a few features of the character including dropping his ballistic skill slightly and giving him a psychic hood (also effectively removing the Inquisitor's sense of sight). So here we go.

Inquisitor Stromm

A relatively obscure member of the Xanthite faction, Inquisitor Stromm is known for his dour demeanour and unflinching belief that the end will always justify the means. For over one hundred and seventy five years the Inquisitor has worked his way deep into the cluster of remote hive worlds that make up the Garuum Cradle. His ruthless techniques have not only seen the scouring of these worlds of any and all chaotic influences but have also brought upon the Inquisitor a reputation for brutality, unparalleled in that sector.

His most significant accomplishment was the public execution of Planetary Governor Ventrus of Larissa VII and thus the quelling of almost a decade of internal strife on that world. Whilst his methods have often been deemed "unorthodox" by more puritan minded members of the Inquisition and outright "heretical" by others, none can deny the results that Inquisitor Stromm has achieved.

In recent years the Inquisitor has suffered irreparable warp inflicted damage upon his eyes and face, subsequently having the upper portion of his skull replaced by an arcane psychic hood to boost his already potent mental abilities. This has led to the most unnerving habit of Inquisitor Stromm cocking his head slightly side in order to sense those that surround him. 

WS   BS   S   T   I   Wp   Sg   Nv   Ld
45   58   48   44   70   77   80   90   68

Equipment: Master Crafted Laspistol, Sword, Flak Armour on Chest Abdomen and Groin, 2 points of armour everywhere else, Psychic Hood, MIU linked Servo Skull (gun), Refractor Field
Special Abilities: Warp Sight, Familiar (Servo Skull)
Psychic Abilities: Detection, Enfeeble
Inquisitor Stromm is right handed

Warp Sight: Through dint of living as an Astropath or some other un-natural phenomenon, the character is blessed (or cursed!) with an advanced sixth sense - literally being able to see the world via the ebb and flow of the warp. Characters with Warp Sight are almost always blind, having their 'true sight' replaced with Warp Sight.
This warp-sight means they count as having a 360 degree field of view - their vision is blocked as normal by intervening terrain as it too has a slight warp presence that can obscure those behind it. Characters with the Blunt ability may be almost invisible to the Astropath, but a true Pariah will appear as a gaping void, a hole where something should be. The Astropath will know where the Pariah is, but will be unable to actually 'see' them.

Master Crafted Laspistol stats.

Type           Range         Mode           Dam           Shots           Rld      Wt
Pistol   E                   Single           3D6           20               2              15

Veteran Lieutenant Vassily

The great purge of Alexei V was one of the most brutal confrontations within its sector. Fighting between the heretics and cultists of that world against the Imperial Guard forces garrisoned there was so fierce that it was said that the sewers overflowed with blood and the gutters of the streets were filled with the defiled corpses of the deceased. One by one, the world's hive cities were overrun with chaotic filth, the swirling energies of the warp bringing forth vile monstrosities of that otherworldly dimension. The surface had become a hellscape, with only a few regiments of imperial guard holding back the tides of chaos. By the end of the fourth month, only one solution seemed apparent. Exterminatus. 

Whilst some of the forces remaining on the world managed to withdraw, most were abandoned to their fate. Over the next fifteen days the surface was reduced to nothing but smouldering ruins and ash choked sky.

One of the few guardsmen who managed to make it off the surface was Veteran Lieutenant Vassily of the 568th Valhallan Regiment. The young officer would not speak of the horrors he had seen whilst fighting the cultists. Nor would he speak of the terrible ruin that he had witnessed during the opening days of the Exterminatus. Imprisoned and sentenced to execution for desertion, only direct intervention from Inquisitor Stromm saved the Lieutenant from death. Whilst not an exceptional individual by any means, Vasily had proven more than useful to the ever aging Inquisitor and continues to serve him in anyway that Stromm sees fit.

WS   BS   S   T   I   Wp   Sg   Nv   Ld
58   68   48   57   55   57   55   58   53

Equipment: Flak Armour on all locations, Open helmet, Triplex Pattern Lasgun, laspistol, bayonet
Special Abilities: Force of will
Veteran Lieutenant Vasily is Right Handed
... the Inquisitor roared in frustration, his laspistol flying out from it's holster and aiming at the renegade acolyte's pale, shaved head. The whipcrack of las-shot seemed to hang in the air followed by the thud of a body toppling sideways...

Adlan

I like them both, the guardsman especially. A rare characterful  use of FoW. He has after all survived a
deamonic incursion. I feel just something slightly missing to distinguish the character more. He's already exceptional I want to know why the inquisitor saved him, what service or talent?

Lucien Alexius

Hmmmm... time to think creatively.

I was initially going for the idea that this guy had an almost crazed desperation to live and that the inquisitor actually doesn't care that much about his puppets so long as they are of used to him. Pretty much that he picked up this guardsman because it was convenient at the time... however that wouldn't explain why he spared him from execution...

Perhaps that the guardsman had information crucial about the way that this particular cult was organised that the inquisitor wanted to know? after that he kinda just kept Vassily because it was convenient?

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Lucien Alexius on April 04, 2012, 04:29:22 PMhowever that wouldn't explain why he spared him from execution...
That's easy. Perhaps he's familiar with Leman Russ' Meditations on Imperial Command. To quote Book XXI: "Should a man who has wronged the Emperor be allowed to wrong Him further? For each man executed is a man who can no longer serve, and to fail in service to the Emperor is the greatest of sins."

He was talking about the value of penal legions over executions, and I think one could look upon this in exactly the same way.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

Stromm could very well have been looking for a bodyguard who would not flinch in the face of his master's actions. Most brave people would turn on the inquisitor or flee from him rather than helping him(unless motivated by fear).
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.