Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

My Character intro - on Iphone

Started by Nemesis, April 16, 2012, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemesis

I'm here in this dark passage of the underhive leaning against the wall where i was thrown unable to move since my lower body is mangled. Can't feel the pain anymore the nerve endings have been destroyed due to the plasma burn. Where the feth did that Robot come form there was no intelligence about it, we needed heavy weapons. I hear a loud gun shot.

Raising my head I see a tall shadow walking towards a man, one of my brothers his wheezing breath is audible form here. She raises her weapon and fires the muzzle flash illuminates the dark passage for a slip second, the monster of a robot is there next to her in the darkness with Olimpia written on its side. Wheres the other two I think.

I cough expelling blood and dust, her heads turns this way I wouldn't be able to tell in this darkness but her eyes their glowing blue. One of her eyes changes to red the other changes a second later but its changes green then the red becomes green. With the sound of her boots on Rockcrete she comes at me with two green orbs hovering in the darkness, my death comes.

Following the green light I'm strain my neck to look up at her, my sister Batch F289-S1345-616.

"Brother, I see you have a pict-recorder implant so Arktavus is finally thinking. I have a message for my sisters, De omnibus dubitadum. now to you brother you will be of use to arktavus and me in death."

She raises her weapon a large Revolver written down the side I read out loud

"Oderunt dum Metuant"

She smiles.

"Well said Brother, Darkness embrace you"

Bang. Darkness

Edit: I have no schooling in Grammar so please forgive.
Edit 2: Thanks I'll leave it in but ill change it on my character sheet. ;D

Dolnikan

Don't worry about the grammar, I have lots of issues with it myself. This eems interesting although it looks like it would fit better in the IC boards. Overal a nice piece, and a good, mysterious introduction of the character.

However, in my edition of Suetonius it is Oderint dum metuant, and not oderunt. De omnibus dubitandum is the correct way of spelling the other phrase. Sorry for this nitpicking but I did those years of learning Latin for a reason.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Nemesis

Her pistol

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3098/lolmateba.jpg

It uses MarcoSkoll armory listing as 
Name           Type        Rng   Mode         Acc   Dam       Shots   Rld   Enc   Spcl   Rrty   Based on:
Auto Magnum   Pistol   J   Sg/Mn(2/3)   -   2D6+3   6   2   20   Man   Cm   Mateba (.357 Mag.)

But I'm upgrading it to a Mateba .454 Casull with the ability to fire .460 S&W Magnum changing it to a

Name                           Type        Rng   Mode     Acc               Dam       Shots   Rld   Enc     Spcl     Rrty   Based on:
Oderint dum Metuant   Pistol   B   Sg/Mn(2/3)     -                3D6+1          5         2   20   Man,CR   Cm   Mateba (.454 Casull)
Oderint dum Metuant   Pistol   B   Single             -                3D6+2        5         2   20   Man,CR   Cm   Mateba (.460 S&W Magnum.)

Oderint dum Metuant is a Master Crafted Pistol it features a Heavy Trigger on the first shot of a new reload and then has Hair trigger for the reminder of the shots. Is has an Improved barrel due to its exceptional barrel rifling. Add-on to it are laser sight and Density scope.

She carries 4 reloads of Shoots (.454 Casull) plus 1 reload of AP (.460 S&W Magnum.)  and 1 reload of Man stoppers (.454 Casull)

Oderint dum Metuant means "Let them hate, so long as they fear". well i hope it means thats

Edit: thanks Dolnikan
Edit 2: thanks again Dolnikan forgot she wears a recoil glove (rogue trader book / dark heresy) don't know what it would do in inquisitor thinking maybe halves the -hit modifier?
edit 3: MarcoSkoll messaged the Recoil glove reduces the CR to Normal Recoil. -   Suspensors - Recoil dampener
Edit 4: Dropped damage by one on both stat lines

Dolnikan

An interesting weapon, I can't say much about it because I know next to nothing about firearms but that is a very powerful pistol, the recoil on it must be very unpleasant.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Nemesis

The Eyes thinking

Blue - Auspexes - Pict Capture
Red - Preysense Sight - Thermo
Green - Photo Vision - Night

Edit: ha ha friend just read my post and hes like "predator"

MarcoSkoll

QuoteBut I'm upgrading it to a Mateba .454 Casull
My pedantism wants to point out that .454 Casull was only available in the Mateba Grifone, which was a carbine variant.

Quote(i.e. A S60 character would suffer -7% per shot on semi-auto).
That's not how the maths works. It's a -10% for firing on semi-auto, plus an extra -4% for the CR rule. As you've written it, it would be a -12% per shot, as your text only halves the penalty from the CR, not the base semi-auto penalty.

Also, I've basically included the recoil glove in the Armoury anyway! Just use a glove based version of recoil suspensors (which would cancel out CR). It complicates it less than layering your modifications on top of my modifications.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Nemesis

I thought you could get a mateba unica 6 in a .454 but the you could also get Mateba Grifone which is the carbine variant in .454

MarcoSkoll

I'm pretty sure, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if some of the Grifone variant had been cut down. (There are enough Mosin-Nagant SBRs out there). But, in any case, real world firearms are not hugely relevant to what might have been done in the 41st millennium.

Oh, one thing I would add... I think your damage stats should probably lose a point each. You've statted the .45 Colt and .454 as equivalent to the .44 Mag and the .500 S&W, and neither quite matches up to those standards.

GW's =I= articles

Nemesis

Thanks for pointing it out actually was meant to do that just forgot. do you think i should drop the .45 colt down some more?

Edit:
Just remember it was a .454 Casull standard
3d6+1    .44 Mg
3d6        .45 colt
3d6+1    .454 Casull
3d6+2    .460 S&W Magnum
3d6+3    .500 S&W Mag

looking something like this?

MarcoSkoll

In very rough terms, the damage stats in the RIA correlate to the energy involved, but sometimes I've nudged things up and down to add in a bit of variation, game balance and to represent other factors in terminal ballistics.

In the case of the pistols:
2D6-1: <200 Joules (.32 ACP)
2D6: 200-400 Joules (.380 ACP, .38 Special)
2D6+1: 400-600 Joules (9mm Parabellum)
2D6+2: 600-800 Joules (.45 ACP)
2D6+3/3D6: 800-1200 Joules (.357 Magnum, .357 SIG, 10mm Auto, .45 Colt - if spiced up a bit for modern revolvers at least)
3D6+1: 1200-1600 Joules (.44 Mag)
3D6+2: 1600-2400 Joules: (.454 Casull, .50 AE)
3D6+3: 2400+ Joules (.460 S&W, .500 S&W)

But this is only for the pistols. If I were using the same guidelines for long-arms, the 3D6 5.56mm (~1,700 J) would fit into the 3D6+2 category, and the 3D6+1 twelve gauge (3000+ J) would earn itself 3D6+3. However, I let the pistols start to stat into the rifle/shotgun region for a few reasons:
a) For a bit more variation on pistol damage.
b) To keep them reasonably competitive. The long-arms get other bonuses like more ammo, range and rate of fire. (Or in the case of the shotguns, being hugely versatile.)
c) I didn't want to give the long-arms too high a damage. They can easily ruin your day as it is.
d) Rule of cool. No-one wants their "most powerful hand-gun in the Imperium" to get outdone by every punk who can find a hunting shotgun.

In your case, I'd stick with a 45 Colt equivalent as the auto, and a 454 as the single shot. I think more than that without some extra penalisation (on which note, you should probably go at least Enc 25) is pushing it a bit.
(Note, for example, the 500 Mag is -1 Shot and +1 Rld to justify still giving it a relatively modest Enc)

GW's =I= articles

Nemesis

Name                           Type   Rng   Mode           Acc      Dam        Shots  Rld   Enc      Spcl         Rrty           Based on:
Oderint dum Metuant   Pistol   B    Sg/Mn(2/3)     -        2D6+3      6         2     25    Man,CR      Rare      Mateba (.45 Colt)
Oderint dum Metuant   Pistol   B    Single             -        3D6+2      6         2     25    Man,CR      Rare      Mateba (.454 Casull)

Features - Master crafted
               - Hard Trigger on first shot per Reload
               - Hair Trigger for the reminder of the Reload
               - Improved Barrel

Add-on's - Laser Sight
               - Density Scope

Reloads   - (4) Normal Shoot Reloads    -  (.45 Colt)
               - (1) AP Reload                        - (.454 Casull)
               - (1) Man stopper Reload        -  (.45 Colt)

Extra Equipment
               - Recoil gloves - reduces the CR to Normal Recoil - Suspensors: Recoil dampener

Edit: rarity to Rare

Nemesis

Got to keep moving. I'm exhausted, I'm covered in cuts form all this sharp rockcrete and plasteel, Low on ammo and this Bileworm waste of a SMG is constantly jamming when I get back to Deep Bastion I'm going to ram is gun down Marx's silver tongued throat.

I'm such a Grox for coming this deep into the underhive. Listening to everyone one at Jerc's Drinking hole saying its where you found all the best stuff but i haven't found anything except dark tunnels and pollutant waste but that's not all the worst was being chased by cannibal mutants then bumping into a pack of Bileworms, Fething things attracted to light and noise, So here I am crawling through this death maze getting slices up by all this rubble without any light, hoping that I don't bump into a bileworm.

Feth, I freeze as my hand touch's something organic I know its a Bileworm due to the high pitch screech that booms down the tunnel more screeches follow but they are echos of the others. The one i touched disappears down the tunnel away form me having no room to turn around having just and little luck. I grab my glow-globe no point hiding now it be coming for me, I crawl fast down theses tunnel Left, right, left always hearing the movement of large masses of flesh worming towards me echoing down theses tunnels, I come to a 4 way section but I'm fethed I can hear movement down all passages. Looking around I see there is a small hole leading down just big enough for me but to small for a bileworm, but I was always told by guides never go down in tunnels that were this small as you are unable to turn around in them because once you go down there's no coming back till you find whats on the other side but seeing as I'm cornered by bileworms I would think they would tell me to take it.

I leave my gun and climb into the hole using my upperbody to lower myself into the hole, climbing down I hear the Screeh of the bileworms then the sound of them starting devouring each other behind me. I crawl down say some 8 meters when the tunnel changes to a 45 degree angle that's when i see the tunnel is fill with liquid waste. Cursing my luck. I lay there thinking of my choice death being consumed by a bileworm or drowning in waste. I move towards the waste looking at its think brown color I dip the tip of my finger in it and shuffle back, after some time it starts to tingle, great its corrosive.

I have to relay on Arcturus's knowledge and hope he made me as great as he said he did. Crawling upto the waste I take a few deep breaths, close my eyes and push myself into the waste filled tunnel. I use one hand to feel in front and above while the other pulls me along as my legs gently swaying, I can hear a drip echoing through the water. I start to feel the ceiling of tunnel no air pockets, the sound is getting louder but with me forgetting to feel in front I draw my arm back and i drift through the water till my right eye makes contact with something small and protruding. Puncturing my right eye, I scream with pain loosing oxygen I panic feeling around the tunnel there's a wall in front of me no exit no escape I'm going to drown I open my left eye I can see light coming through a hole I missed in my panic taking it me up out of the waste towards air.

I burst form the waste pool into a a large corridor closed off both ends, there's a door in front of the waste tunnel. I crawl towards it, my left eye is burning and becoming blurry with my right eyes still in shocking amounts of pain I stagger to stand opening the door I found a room filled with white I can hear a females voice I can't under stand its not low Gothic but its similar but there's is no one, I think I'm hallucinating. My legs buckle as I stare at a robot wheeling towards me with a Red cross on its head and chest,  I fall, my head hits the cold ground and It everything goes black.

Edit: Again I know its full of shocking grammar but blame my English teachers

Adlan

Quote from: Dolnikan on April 16, 2012, 03:21:20 PM
An interesting weapon, I can't say much about it because I know next to nothing about firearms but that is a very powerful pistol, the recoil on it must be very unpleasant.

The felt recoil is apparently quite manageable, as the semi-auto mechanism absorbs the energy, rereleasing it slower. And it's a big heavy firearm, so it absorbs the force reasonably well any way. It's the lightweight firearms you want to watch for recoil.

Also, do they have the red cross in 40k

Nemesis

yeah don't know the symbol for medical centers

was going to have like empty needles enter and exit her but there no pain killers or drugs then she is sprayed with decontamination solution and surgery starts.

Went with unique because its a a one off custom pistol.

Nemesis

wet liquid is sprayed over me I jump in fright but I'm strapped, I feel something push against my skin on my right arm and a voice is saying.

"Bzzzttt.. administrating general anesthetic ... Bzzzttt.. Ten ... Nine ... Bzzzttt... One."

I try to wriggle my way out but the straps become tighter.

"Bzzzttt ... administrating general Inhalation anesthetic"

A mask is pressed against my face.

Bzzzttt... Error Gas Tank 02 ... Patient Inoperable, medical personal paged Bzzzttt... Error cancel operation Bzzzttt... Commencing operation"

Something opens my eyes and locks in place, I can't see anything except patches of blurred light. I slowly see a shadow coming close till is perforates my eye, I scream  and don't stop screaming as the scraps get tighter trying to get loss then the right eyes starts, the pain is unbearable I scream and Scream. Something is clawing at the inside of my eyes the pain is unfathomable, everything goes black.