Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

My Character intro - on Iphone

Started by Nemesis, April 16, 2012, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

It might be worth giving the power gamers a miss and just sticking with the more grounded players.

Because it offers such freedom, Inquisitor is a game that's dependent on the players having a co-operative attitude and working towards a collectively enjoyable experience. It falls apart quite quickly if any of the players start trying to one up each other or are unwilling to lose.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Nemesis

Yeah when you put a two men bounty hunter which is a lady and male with flak and shotguns then the enemy place a spacemarine on table not fun when the GW gm just says objectives is to kill the other. I laugh and run off the field of play claiming my men run because it's the only intelligent thing to do and no money is vs a 2 on 1 with a spacemarine.

Nemesis

Can anyone link me a thread of a completed inquisitor warband so I can get a feel of a warband. When I think about it, it feels like I'm trying to constantly power up my character? Which is not what I won't to done. I'm looking to make a character gene engineered femal human that uses robots and to play with my brothers/friends in a narrative storyline of her rise to power with her group which is now a logician faction that focus is on robotic knowledge.

The factions enemy is Adeptus mechanicus explorer groups and a faction of logicians that focusing on the creation of genetical engineered soldiers for a corrupt planetary governor looking to grab more power. This logician group of genators and biologis was the ones to birth/create my character #616.

The Adeptus Mechanicus fights for control over archeotech dig sites which they furiously defend, logicians have to move fast before the archeotech is taken off world.

The arbiters are investigating the disturbents in the lower hive city caused by the conflicts of the factions
Which is lending to lower then excepted tithes this collection run.

An inquisitor is lending an investingation into the upper noble houses of the hive city which leads him to the logicians biologis and there research.

Bounty hunters are hired to take down an individual who is seen in the hive sump with humanoid machines.

Dolnikan

I agree with avoiding the powergamers, such people make the game a match in bringing bigger guns.

Edit: my computer got issues last night leading to the rather short post above, I really have no idea what happened after I typed the first line.

If the bounty hunters are specifically hired to take down your character it could lead to some issues, they will stop at nothing to kill her, when she goes down they will probably try to confirm their kill to get the pay, and a shotgun to the face of someone who is down will be certain death, which invalidates the whole approach. I would try to give them a more general objective. Perhaps the governor has declared that he wants the underhive cleansed of all the many disturbances because they are starting to leak into the middle hive where production is damaged. He or she is already hard pressed to make the tithes because of the secret program, and these disturbances could lead to investigations before the governor can properly defend his or her position.

In this case the governor has put out a general contract on all rebellious elements in the lower parts of the hive, the bounty hunters will be working on getting rich by getting as many of them as possible.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Nemesis

Name: Hadaly Olimpa                               Ws     Bs     S     T      I     Wp     Sg     Nv     Ld
Tech-Magos Logician Cybernetica               49     51    62   44    63    81     80     66     68

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Aoife Arius                                     Ws     Bs      S      T      I     Wp     Sg     Nv     Ld
Genetically Engineered Tech-Acolyte          43      62     56    71   54    77      72     53     54
Militant Logician Cybernetica

Speed : 4
Base injury: 9 (+20 T for Autosanguination) (+1 Injury box "Flesh Wound")
System Shock:12 (-10 T for Skill Graft)
Conciseness: 35

Abilities: Compassion (Hadaly)
              Mechanically Minded (Robotics)
              Arcturus Creation - Just a Flesh Wound, Autosanguination (biological)
              Cybernetic Mantle Commander - Command 2 Robots with one Action

Implants: Bionic Eyes - Prey Sense
                Skill Graft (Ballistic Skill)
                Utility mechadendrite
                Manipulator Mechadendrite
                Electrical Succour (Robots)
                MIU (Robots)

Equipment: Master Crafted Pistol (Oderint dum Metuant), Axe, Heavy Cloak except head, Right Handed Recoil Gauntlet

Name                           Type   Rng   Mode           Acc      Dam        Shots  Rld   Enc      Spcl         Rrty           Based on:
Oderint dum Metuant   Pistol   B    Sg/Mn(2/3)     -        2D6+3      6         2     25    Man,CR      Rare      Mateba (.45 Colt)
Oderint dum Metuant   Pistol   B    Single             -        3D6+2      6         2     25    Man,CR      Rare      Mateba (.454 Casull)

Features - Master crafted
               - Hard Trigger on first shot per Reload
               - Hair Trigger for the reminder of the Reload
               - Improved Barrel

Add-on's - Laser Sight
               - Density Scope

Reloads   - (4) Normal Shoot Reloads    -  (.45 Colt)
               - (1) AP Reload                        - (.454 Casull)
               - (1) Man stopper Reload        -  (.45 Colt)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Robot                                     Ws     Bs      S      T      I     Wp     Sg    Nv    Ld
Logician Robot                                   50      50   100   80   40      -       30     -        -

Speed : 3
Base injury: 8
System Shock:16
Conciseness: 40

Abilities: Hip shooting

Implants: Anti-Gravity Engine
                          Sensorium
                          Prey-Sense

Equipment: 6 Armor Points All Body, 2 Smoke Grenades, Las Rifle

Name            Type   Rng        Mode              Acc       Dam      Shots   Rld     Enc     Spcl      Modes
Catachan      Basic     J     Sg/Sm(4)/F(6)     -5%     3D6-2      100      2       25       LR       Low, Med

Dolnikan

There are some things I would change about Aoife(I like the name by the way). I would give her only one of the three abilities listed under Arcturus creation, the three of them make her nearly unkillable. Other than that she seems good to me. I would personally go for just a flesh wound, it shows the character's abnormal resilience without going too far with true grit, which is more about spirit than about physical resilience or pain sensation. Other than that I would boost her mental skills a bit, she is very talented with robots and the like, which requires a strong will, so I would boost the willpower and the sagicity, she is noted for her intelligence
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Nemesis

How do you pronounce Aoife? My reading of name is bad A-oi-fe or Eefa

Thinking Sg low but has mechanically minded (robots) +20% Sg when dealing with robots, but here other fields shes only 68, might jack it up but she has total memory recall but shes been only focused on robots?

With Arcturus Creation - Hrm yeah with True Grit player would put her down but with the high T she wouldn't fail often and get back up form system shock and once they finally put her down into conciseness she can still recover.

The robots where going to have a program code that activates when she goes Down that reads
"Master Protect" -Disengage all target, Return to Master, Protect Master, Drag Master, Proceed out of Danger Zone.

Was going to have Hadaly be just like a True researcher she leaves the combat to Aoife but does support but doesn't get stuck in (she would in-game proceed to objective)
Aoife is main character in Engagements but takes a back set in the investigations and leaves that to Hadaly.

The Robots are all linked to Aoife so when she goes down they fall back on Hardware and follow the Master protect Program.

Edited: Reading through the Recovery Rules and I get D3+2 Damage Points recovery a turn, (men gotta play a game with someone). I think I'm still in the mind set of someone shoot Las cannons at me. so yeah dropping True Grit

Koval

Quote from: Nemesis on April 24, 2012, 03:17:34 AM
How do you pronounce Aoife? My reading of name is bad A-oi-fe or Eefa
Behind The Name suggests EE-fa.

Edited: Reading through the Recovery Rules and I get D3+2 Damage Points recovery a turn, (men gotta play a game with someone). I think I'm still in the mind set of someone shoot Las cannons at me.
This is why I greatly prefer 40KRP's lascannons -- let's face it, 4D10 damage in a setting like Inquisitor where most characters have more than 40 Toughness (not to mention armour) is not representative of something that can punch a hole in the side of a tank, or reduce someone to a cloud of smoking ash*. It's probably this weakness that means your gaming group is inclined to shoot your characters with them, because "oh, you'll probably survive it, don't worry", which has so far meant you've been inclined to take True Grit et cetera so that you do survive it.

Rant over. Apologies.

Quoteso yeah dropping True Grit
I had to stop and remind myself what the rules for True Grit were, as I'm still thinking "halve incoming Critical Damage" when that's a 40KRP mechanic. As it stands, good call, because you'd need practically superhuman reserves of willpower to get back up when you've been shot to hell or whatever. I wouldn't even give the Inquisitor-version to Storm Troopers, never mind your character.

*By contrast, even in Dark Heresy, a lascannon's going to point and laugh at anything short of Terminator armour, hit you with more D10s than the Inquisitor equivalent plus a very heavy fixed damage modifier, and then point and laugh again as it cremates you on the spot. Not to mention the chances of getting Righteous Fury with that many D10s flying around. And they're even more powerful in Deathwatch.

DapperAnarchist

I can confirm Behind The Name's suggestion. As it happens, Irish people love playing the "can you pronounce my name" game, especially with girls' names... Aoife is relatively simple  ;D
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Nemesis

hadaly

I've found today in a data-slate an old recording of Aoife when she was younger.

I was on my way to another informant to get info on the location of a recent collapse in the tunnels which might lead to an unexplored area of this city. Aoife was with me I wouldn't leave her with the others and she seems to have attached herself to me.

I'm pushing through the crowd thankful that it was midday or the crowd would be a torrent of despair and flesh ether returning to work or going home for what little break they get. I feel a tug on my cloak looking down out this child of Arcturus his research had created this female human child around the age of 7, the tests that was done on her was surprising never thinking the Arcturus could have such a success this child was his proof.

"Yes child was is it?"

"umm Hadeely, that men over there was saying that this is only tunnel, why you going to another tunnel if this is the only one?"

"Aoife, listen most people live in a ever small box in life and in the mind. If you want answers search for the facts and learn and don't listen to anyone until you know what is true. And for your question there  are many tunnels, some above some below some parallel to this one but theses people can live there whole life in just the one."

"Is there only tunnels?"

"Oh no there is the surface with it's pipes of fire and spires piecing the sky, but this is just one planet in a system of planets and that is just a system within a cluster of systems with the great galaxy of the imperium."

Aoife eyes wide starts to open her mouth

"Aoife there is much for you to learn once we get back home I'll give you some data-slates you can read ok, but we need to keep moving or I'm going to miss my informant"

I turn of the data-slate pictorial, smiling to myself well I don't have lips anymore but the thought is there. That time was before I knew what a good student she would be and before I knew that she would go through data-slates faster then I could give her, she's still attached to me while still not getting along with the others but is quite focus on the robotica we are currently studying asking me to implant MIU uplink to a robot. So I'm here creating the MIU for Aoife so I can give her, her gift thinking to myself I'm grateful that I didn't go through with the rite of pure thought when I was with the Adeptus mechanicus so I could have theses thoughts theses thoughts that give me strength and hope for the future of Aoife."