Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

what do the hrud look like?

Started by 0604854, April 20, 2012, 12:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have conflicting info on what the hrud look like, dark magenta show them as a ghost like creature, whilst this:http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hrud#.T5FA9dlFvHo and http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/11/hrud-other-other-dangerous-aliens.htmlshows something completely different so what is it? as of course that will impact modelling options.

DapperAnarchist

Actually, DM doesn't show them as a ghost. They have a sort of shadowy property, but they are physical beings. Things That Dwell In Darkness was mostly based on Xenology, where the Hrud are some sort of super-scavenger, living in waste. My own Hrud is vaguely cephalopic, with tentacles and so on, which for me suits the flexible body shape of the Hrud. However, there has been since the start a common set of properties of the Hrud - the robe. Their bodies are cloaked in a ragged filthy robe, concealing almost everything. The Lexicanum image is not of a Hrud as they are observed, but is from Xenology, where it is referred to as an artists impression, based on an autopsy. However, the hrud rot instantly on death, presumably a side effect of their temporal powers (which I sadly left out of Things That Dwell, as it hadn't been made clear yet - its from the Battle Missions book, I think, the Valhallans all get old in 6 months fighting the Hrud. Might post something later to cover that)
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Koval

It's extremely safe to say, however, that they are not Space Skaven, as that's just silly and pointless.

"Hunched bony figure in a cloak" is the best way to go, in my opinion.

Draco Ferox

Well, an asexual, amorphous figure shrouded in robes could be anything, so they can't deny it being a hrud until it is proven that hrud are not bipedal creatures which wear a lot of clothes. And if this ever does happen, you have another alien species ready-made
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I thought the tainted mini from gw's lord of the rings ringwraith range

How about using a skaven warlock engineer for another form of xenos

Koval

While we can't stop you from having an entirely unrelated race of xeno rat-men, I'd just stay away from Space Skaven, as they're a relic from 1st ED 40K and have thankfully been long since forgotten.

I am thinking a scattered race who love to trade and are obsessed with becomming more wealth so they trade their advanced energy weapons based on laser refraction through specially created artificial crystals, however few know that the crysyals are created through harvested souls this of course draws not only the attention of inquisitors but also dark eldar

Dolnikan

That could be a nice idea for a xenos race. Such a species would be a reviled target, probably nomadic becauseotherwisethey would be an easy target, and when focussed on a specific location their secret would come out much more easily.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.