Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

I want to create a Istvaanian inq28 what should I use as a base?

Started by 0604854, April 18, 2012, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I want to create a Istvaanian inquisitor at 28mm scale and I am looking for a model as a base, in terms of what I have in mind think "V" from V for Vendetta.

All help would be great!

Also thoughts on possible henchmen he may use (use being an appropriate word for a Istvaanian) I would be most appreciative.

Dolnikan

You could base the model on one of the Empire plastic archers, some of them have clothing that could be worked into that look, a hat should be doable to make for the model and arms can come from everywhere.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

I am thinking of using the following parts
Empire general cape
Empire wizard head d (the masked one)
Dark elf corsair sheathed knives (a and b)
Empire archers knife
Empire greatswords hat

and one of these for the left arm
Empire archers sword arm
Empire archers left arm

(you can see the bits on bitzbox.co.uk)
No inquisitorial symbols (he works in the shadows)

KrautScientist

I agree with Dolnikan that Empire models are probably a pretty safe bet for what you intend to build. The militia kit in particular might prove helpful.

As for possible retinue members: I would say that depends on whether your Inquisitor is a radical or a puritan (with an Istvaanian, we can probably assume the former) and which Ordo he belongs to: To my mind, Hereticus Inquisitors are often accompanied by sinister, medieval looking henchmen while an Istvaanian member of the Ordo Xenos might perhaps go so far as to employ Xenos mercenaries or Xenos worshipping cultists. And with the Ordo Malleus, all bets are off anyway (Daemonhosts etc.)  ;)

For me, it was always the most fun part to do it the other way around and imagine what kind of demented character I would like to build. Then, while building and painting the models, things often just fell into place and a suitable connection to my Inquisitor came up.

Here's my own radical with Istvaanian leanings by the way:

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1952.0

I hope you'll forgive me for the ruthless self-advertisement, but perhaps you can find an idea or two for your warband in my Inquisitor's retinue.

Update: Ah, too slow: Just saw your bits list. Sounds promising  ;)
Check out my blog at http://www.eternalhunt.wordpress.com

World Eaters | INQ28 | Terrain | Other

Keravin

Dolnikan

To determine what sort of people he would surround himself with ask yourself one question, how does he work. Does he cause civil strife by making different groups think that they have to attack, does he lure enemies from outside or does he go as far as to summon forth the dread denizens of the warp?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Ordor hereticus, he turns 1 side against another thtough a combination of manipulation and assination he'd favourite being creating revolt

Dolnikan

In that case an assassin could fit well, just ensure that he otr she looks suitably insane. He could also have an agitator-like character working for him, someone almost addicted to the crowds and rousing their anger.

Draco Ferox

The hat from this model would work, and all you sould have to do is take it off the head (clippers/saw), and then remove the icon and make it a bit shorter (files + clippers). It's a bit of an investment if you only want the hat, but the rest of the model is usable in a future project (though I ended up modifying it quite a bit)
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

DapperAnarchist

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat490051a&prodId=prod1120051 This might be useful, and there were/are those Dogs of War assassins, masks and all... Vespero? Can't find them now though.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Molotov

INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Koval

Quote from: 0604854 on April 18, 2012, 09:58:36 PM
Ordor hereticus, he turns 1 side against another thtough a combination of manipulation and assination he'd favourite being creating revolt
Sounds like a less violent version of my own Istvaanian, truth be told (although Macauley's an extreme case).

You might want to consider some firebrand preachy types as well as what Dolnikan's suggested; I know this could lead to some very weird discussions on hate preachers in our own world, but there's also a lot of potential to dissociate oneself from those sorts of people, and in any case social change has to start somewhere.