Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm Leman Russ

Started by Tessio Niri, April 19, 2012, 12:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessio Niri

Hi All

I need some C&C on my latest project and also a little advice. Not sure what armament I should have for the main gun. I am open to suggestions.

Regards

T.
"There is but one God and his name is the Omnissiah. How his hunger extinguishes that light of the stars." Magos Belion Tygrosa

Dolnikan

That tank looks amazing, it is just like the 28mm version. As for a main gun, perhaps the Executioner cannon? Huge plasma cannons are always a lot of fun. Other than that I've always liked the lighter conqueror cannon.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

KrautScientist

:o

You, sir, are a madman! To be fair, a madman with some mad Plasticard skillz, but still a madman  ;)
Check out my blog at http://www.eternalhunt.wordpress.com

World Eaters | INQ28 | Terrain | Other

greenstuff_gav

Very nice! Did you uae a template?
As to weapons, classic battlecannon to put the fear into people :-D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Heroka Vendile

very nice work. I reckon a punisher cannon – as when combined with 3 HBs that'd put the fear of god into anybody with that much anti-infantry fire coming their way.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Draco Ferox

Wow. You do not do things by halves, do you Tessio?

I would suggest either a standard battle cannon, a conqueror cannon, or my personal favourite, a vanquisher cannon, as the main weapon. Of course, you could always make interchangable weapons for the turret, should you have the time, which would allow for the inclusion of the tank in a wide variety of scenarios.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Ancelyn

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Molotov

Excellent, excellent work. I'm very jealous of your skill with plasticard!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Koval

I'd go with a standard battlecannon, for the simple reason that it's the armament that most will associate with the Leman Russ -- you don't want people going "holy crap that's a  big gun", you want people going "holy crap that's a Leman Russ"

Ynek

Again, Tessio, you amaze us with your amazing plasticard skills and patience. It's certainly coming along lovely.

On the subject of what main gun to opt for, I agree with Koval. The Battle Cannon is the iconic Leman Russ main gun, so that's probably what you want to go with.

Purely out of curiosity - do any of your extensive vehicle collection ever see action on the tabletop? Or are they strictly display pieces?
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Tessio Niri

Thanks for all the great encouragement, I will have to get round to buying some more materials and make some more progress. I was always leaning towards the battle cannon option but wanted to see what others had in mind. The idea of changable weapons options is a great Idea, but would need to find an effective way of attaching/detaching them as I find magnets aren't always strong enough.

@ Gav - So far I've never used a template and tend to scale up from my 40K collection.

@ Ynek - Unfortunately my vehicles don't get to see any games. All of my friends have given up the hobby and it has become a process to my mind occupied and stops me going a little crazy.

Again thanks for the feedback and I will keep everyone updated with progress. I've already decided on my next project after years on nagging by my little brother. Trust me it will be the biggest thing I will have built for =][= so far.

Regards

T.
"There is but one God and his name is the Omnissiah. How his hunger extinguishes that light of the stars." Magos Belion Tygrosa

Kaled

Quote from: Tessio Niri on April 22, 2012, 12:05:54 PM
Unfortunately my vehicles don't get to see any games. All of my friends have given up the hobby and it has become a process to my mind occupied and stops me going a little crazy.
You should bring them down to one of our events at Nottingham - a game with your tanks, my aircraft & Marco's Warhound would look soooo cool!
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

That would be one hell of a display. That is, of course, assuming I ever get Leander finished...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Mordenkenain

Congratulations, you've just set the stage for a game in which grown space marines tremble (before being poked in the eye 5 times by a small child)

however, do want (both the game and possession of everyone's awesome vehicles)
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit

Brother_Brimstone

I second the 'battle cannon' suggestion. As Ynek said, it's the iconic Leman Russ weapon, and I think it'll look awesome!

You constantly amaze me by 1-upping your already impressive acheivements, I am extremely jealous of your plasticard skills. I look forward to seeing how this progresses!