Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Day in York - 7 Nov 09

Started by precinctomega, September 11, 2009, 02:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

How many Inquisitor tables do you plan to run?  Is there anyone other than Robey with sufficient knowledge to run games of Inq2.0?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

precinctomega

There will be three 4'x4' tables for INQ games.  Each can take three players and one GM.  You'll all get INQ2 rules in advance, so I expect you to be moderately well-read.  I plan to hang around all three tables to clarify and make notes on suggestions, observations, criticisms and conflictions.

R.

Dosdamt

Wait, what? I have to sign up before hand! Dammit...

Is it easy to do? Forms and posting and whatnot is a pain.

-Ben
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

precinctomega

PayPal is acceptable, as are electronic versions of the registration forms.

We're making pre-registration compulsory to allow for accurate budgeting.  Please note that the £10 doesn't include the price of lunch.

R.

benwagner1988

Just a minor bump! i know payday will probably be in the next day or so for most people, so for those who were delaying till then your time has come!

Remember the central event is 40k, so if any conclavers fancied playing that they'd be welcome to as well.

Registration can be either entirely electronic (e-mail the form, pay by paypal) entirely old fashioned (post form and cheque to us) or a combination (send us the form by e-mail and the cheque by post!)

Hopefully this makes it easy for everyone!
We know pre registration is a change from previous events, but with 2 events running on the same day we need to make sure we have enough space for people turning up, and that we can accommodate everyone who wants to come!

Any questions drop me an e-mail - warboss@yorkgarrison.co.uk

Many Thanks

Ben

Van Helser

I've done a feasibility study, and I'm sadly going to have to pull out of attending the day.  There's just too much travelling to do at ludicrous times of the day.  I'm sure though that I'll not make any excuses for the Spring Conclave, as far away as that seems right now!

Ruaridh

Kaled

Is this still happening?  Ben did say that my money had arrived okay, but I haven't had any official  confirmation or a copy of the Inq2.0 rules (I know I've got an old version, but it'd be better to have the same version everyone else is using).

Assuming it is still going ahead, who's planning to go play Inquisitor?  Also, if I bring some money, will I be able to buy a ticket for the IGT?

precinctomega

Been away for Half Term and forgot to take my laptop.  Ten4Ten is certainly still on.  Copies of the draft rules will be emailed out to registered players this week.

R.

Adlan

precinctomega

I think I still have a couple of slots for INQ2 players.

R.

Kaled

Is there a different character sheet for INQ2?  I couldn't see one in the material you sent through and some things (like weapon profiles) are slightly different.  I can improvise something, but I just thought I'd ask...

Now I need to find time to convert over a few character profiles.

precinctomega

Good point.  I do have a draft version, but I'm still working on it.  I'll send it out and you guys can much about with it to your hearts' content.

R.

Kaled

How is everyone else finding the process of recreating their characters for INQ2?  I've just spent a couple of hours working at it and all I have to show for my efforts is a set of incomplete character sheets covered in crossings out.  Obviously part of the problem is that I made certain assumptions about INQ2 rules being the same as the original versions, but even so I'd say it's somewhat more complex than creating characters for INQ1.

For example, I can't just turn to the power weapons section and copy down the profile for a power sword, I have to choose a sword, then apply the effects of the 'Power' upgrade - which means going back and changing the profile I'd just written down for a sword.  Next time I'm doing it in pencil!

Hopefully I'll have chance to have another go at it on Friday night, but if not I'll be doing it when I arrive in York on Saturday morning.

I'm afraid it looks like I'm not going to have chance to actually read the game rules...

Adlan

Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the new rules. just sent off my money and registration form. :D

Kaled

A couple of quick questions about the rules to help me with filling in my character sheets;

- Is there still a Dodge skill?  It is mentioned in the rules for psychic track and in one of the sample characters, but is not in the list of skills.
- The core rules say 'weapons may also be customized by players with types and upgrades ... A weapon with no such customizing is known as "mundane"'.  But then in the Armoury it says that 'a weapon with no type is automatically mundane.  A weapon may only ever have one type ... but may have as many upgrades as you wish'.  So, is a mundane sword that has been given the Duelling upgrade considered 'mundane' or not?  If not, what type should it be given in the weapon profile on the character sheet?