Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2013 - 30/03/2013

Started by Van Helser, April 23, 2012, 04:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

Quoteas trivia,
oh snap! i forgot theres The Inquisition quiz!
must start working out my bribes / blackmail targets!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Van Helser

It's always good to see new faces Dirk. We have had many people playing their first games at Grand Tournaments, and as Marco says, there's a spirit of cooperation during games of Inquisitor which will see you through.

We have one week to go now, and I thought I'd better put up a checklist of things to bring along next Saturday:

1-3 models representing your player characters.

Character sheets for these models.

Your scenario.

Stationery - pencil, eraser, spare paper.

Gaming aids - D10s, D6s, D100s, measuring tape, reference sheets.

The above are the definite things to have on you, and you'd be advised to bring these things too:

Rulebook.

Annuals, faction sourcebooks, Dark Magenta articles (if you have them, and/or need to refer to them for Special Abilities etc).

A copy of the briefing pack (download from my signature).

A name badge (I have stickers for those who don't manage to make one)

Doors open at 1000, and registration begins at 1010. The first game will start at 1030. You can register up to 1400, but won't get points for the games you've missed and you may not get to run your own scenario.

Clear as mud?

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

I should bring this up. Apparently, parts of the canal towpath are inaccessible at the moment, so anyone walking from the station will need to take a diversion:

Facebook link

Come off at Water's Edge pub, cross bridge and onto footpath on other side of canal, onto Alderney Street, left onto Grove road (until the end), follow cycle path, turn left when you reach Lenton Lane, proceed as normal.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

That may all have changed come next weekend, though -- worth keeping an eye open for updates?

MarcoSkoll

Latest news from the authority involved says work on Clayton Bridge will last until early May, but will remain open to pedestrians.

GW's =I= articles

Necris

There is a possibility of snow next week, predictions are for snow Tuesday till Saturday

Also remember part of Lenton lane is closed for road works so there is an alternative route to gw hq
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Kaled

Well, I'm all set for Saturday - I've a scenario planned, warband picked, and all my gaming paraphernalia packed up ready. Looking forwards to seeing you all there. :)
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

greenstuff_gav

is now a bad time to have doubts about my scenario?  :-[

just need to write character sheets and pack; terrain and character have been repaired :-)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Koval

I just need to print everything and then I'm all set.

Again, if I'm running a 54mm scenario I'll need to borrow a psyker, but that's the only thing I need for the scenario aside from players.

dirkthe1

Still need to do quite a bit, but have all day......and my train isn't till 5am- that's loads of time!!

Kaled

Quote from: dirkthe1 on March 29, 2013, 09:33:51 AM
Still need to do quite a bit, but have all day......and my train isn't till 5am- that's loads of time!!
More than one person has used the 4-5 hours spent on a train to write their scenario and fill-in character sheets - no matter how much notice you give people for these events things always get left to the last minute and generally at least one person pulls an all-nighter to get their stuff finished!
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Koval

And that's everything printed, all my models packed, and shenanigans ready to be had. Bring on the games!

...though I am of course liable to lapse into Dark Heresy at a moment's notice. :P

MarcoSkoll

I'm trying to avoid rushed stuff and all-nighters as far as possible now. That has meant having to change which models I'm bringing, but I'm sure not being sleep deprived will be better for my enjoyment.

So really, my only problems are deciding which of three scenarios to go with and finishing putting the paint on the centrepiece. It's no Titan, but it's what I've got right now.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

You are going to have to give me a crash course in scenario design, in that case.

I mean, I've written one, but I did have to think for a while before I could come up with an idea that wouldn't have worked better as a Dark Heresy game.

MarcoSkoll

The thing with Inquisitor is to just focus it on the five or ten minutes of action that you'd get at the end of a movie. The investigation's all done. This is the climax of it all.
So really, take the finale or some other turning point from a Dark Heresy game, then work out how to get it so the players are in conflict with each other (as opposed to fighting the GM).

~~~~~

I've decided to go with two of the scenarios, one of which is optimised for two players (but can work with three), and the other vice versa.

I'll go with whichever is more appropriate at the time, and save the other one for if I do need to run a second game.

GW's =I= articles