Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2013 - 30/03/2013

Started by Van Helser, April 23, 2012, 04:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

Hmm

Minis - yes
Scenario - in my head yes
Character sheets - not yet

I am mostly disorganised this week

I had hoped there would be an app for inq sheets for the iPad, something I may have to fix. Will be hand writing them out soon
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

dirkthe1

Is anyone catching the train and know what time they are getting in?

MarcoSkoll

I will be on the 0730 out of St Pancras, arriving at 0926.

And yes, I am still up.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

I hate my brain. I get some sleep before an event, and it decides to dream about having set my alarm clock wrong.

GW's =I= articles

dirkthe1

If its any consolation  I snatched about half hour, still didn't get all my painting done and have now gone on a train that appears to be touring London with no particular Destination .....

Koval

I'll be getting the 06:51 out of Ely, getting into Nottingham some time between 8:30 and 9:00.

And I woke up at 3am for no reason.

Necris

I am sat at gw hq since when did bugmans not open at 9 for breakfast I'm having to be healthy with a fruit salad from sainsburys

Necris

Also is it bad that after a walk round the rhino it's still not big enough

greenstuff_gav

just a quick one as ive stopped at the gfs parents house due to sleepytime:-[

thanks to ruadah fpr running tpday, a good time was had!

hopefully my players enjoyed the acenario; i .need to rewrite it quite a bit i think

also, 10points to necris for his easter egg hnt!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Necris

Had a great day got home 10.30 which makes a long day

Good fun though

MarcoSkoll

Hooray! I am home.

I am content with my 2nd place and Best GM rankings - I now have a round set of "Best" awards.
I had been worried that my GMing score wouldn't survive "Live Cargo" having gone somewhat anti-climatically fast*, but good gods did "Countdown Run" make up for it. The combination of players, characters, table and the metal bawx just worked really well - it's games like that which make my four/five hour journey in each direction worth it.

Also, I have pictures to sort through - 163 of them from just the main camera. Some are crap and will need to go, but here's a good one of the ending of the aforementioned "Countdown Run":

It probably needs more motion blur, given it is a Rhino speeding away from an (impending) nuclear explosion with three characters clinging to the roof, but such is the limitation of static models.

You'll have to wait for the rest of the photos. I are tyred.

*I probably win the award for "Most games GMed in the same GT" with three fully completed games. In two timeslots.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

I'd have to say that Countdown Run was, by far, the best of the three I played, though that's not to say the others were in any way bad -- it's just that Countdown Run started with high stakes and kept the tension going. (And allowed me to do strange things like hang onto a moving Rhino for dear life.)

greenstuff_gav

i enjoyed countdown run... even if i only got 1 action a turn for most of it!
i must auto-include Heroic on 1 man bands!

be heading hme soon so can upload pics and write a report :-)

EDIT:
and Pics Are Here
need to manually resize all the portrait-style ones as the software isn't smart enough to do what i want with it (so need to reinstall photochop!) but atleast we can see what's going on :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

One photo set. I may end up repolishing some of these to a higher degree manually, but annoyingly, my version of Photoshop can only be automated to a very basic processing routine, rather than some of the useful lighting adjust functions.

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

Report from the top:

The IGT went nice and smoothly this year, with some rather excellent scenarios being run throughout the day which I dropped in and out of.  GMing was at a high level all round, with some participants standing out with excellent NPC creations and memorable ways of delivering objectives to players.  All the games were played in the spirit of the Inquisitor ethos with good cooperation all round.  Everyone's playing and GMing scores were tightly bunched,  but David Knowles came out on top in the playing stakes, with David Fincher taking home the best GM award (considering he ran three games in two timeslots he was a deserving recipient on enthusiasm alone!).  You will find a haul of photos from the games here.

The Painting and Modelling competition was hotly contested, with only 0.33 difference between David Knowles's winning score of 8.5 for Jessamyn Rae and Gav Fry's second place score of 8.17 for Magos Tiamat.  Pictures of all the models entered in the competition can be found here.

Ultimately, David Knowles's success in the GM and P&M categories took him through to first place and the title of Grand Master.  David Fincher came in second, and thanks to his high painting and modelling score, Gav Fry took third place.

Tony Wallace just missed out on a reward in fourth, Joseph Lawrence picked up fifth place, Nicholas Carpenter sixth and Geoff Silk seventh.

The full breakdown of points was as follows (with links in the P&M scores to each player's respective entry):

1st) David Knowles:
Playing score: 34.33/40, GM score: 30.5/40, P&M score: 8.5/10

2nd) David Fincher:
Playing score: 32.5/40, GM score: 31.2/40, P&M score: 6.83/10

3rd) Gav Fry:
Playing score: 29/40, GM score: 29.33/40, P&M score: 8.17/10

4th) Tony Wallace:
Playing score: 29.33/40, GM score: 26.5/40, P&M score: 6.5/10

5th) Joseph Lawrence:
Playing score: 30/40, GM score: 23.33/40, P&M score: 6.33/10

6th) Nicholas Carpenter:
Playing score: 26.67/40, GM score: 26/40, P&M score: 6/10

7th) Geoff Silk:
Playing score: 29/40, GM score: 23/40, P&M score: 5.67/10

In conclusion, a fun day was had by me, and if I can speak for everyone else, I think we all went home happy having had a chance to get some models on the tabletop.  Numbers were on the low side, which was disappointing, but we made up for it with some excellent games (especially the bonus Easter egg hunt in the Zone Mortalis – good job Tony!).  I must give thanks again to Euan Forrest for producing the certificates for me, and promise to buy him lunch next time we're both at Warhammer World as reward for the hard work.

Looking ahead to next year, I will most likely not be in a position to attend as I will be on my honeymoon.  That leaves a vacancy to fill in running the day.  Aside from having to book tables and keep score on the day, there's little taxing work involved.  Some dates in the player pack will need changed, and new certificates will need produced, but aside from that there shouldn't be anything to stop anyone from taking the reins.  Do we have a volunteer?

Ruaridh