Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Eldar Characters

Started by Knobby2, May 07, 2012, 07:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knobby2

Hey all,

I thought this area was the best place for this question

I'm looking at sculpting an eldar warlock and a guardian,

So i'm after any tips and any base models that may be good too work off

Shannow

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Knobby2

Many thanks just after I posted I found it, trying too source some of the models used but cant,

Any other ideas?

Denzein

Well I've made a passable Warlock out of the GW ranger kit and the Avatar (In this thread: http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1494.msg19770#msg19770), and aside from the GW Avatar I can't think of any other armoured elven figures that could serve as a base for a guardian (although if you're a dab hand at sculpting I'm sure you could put armour plating onto a less bulky figure - like any 54mm female model (they tend to come with a deficiency of clothing, good for sculpting).

Alternatively I just had a quick search through the internets and I found a model I am definitely buying for my own Eldar project, I'll be using it as the base for a Kabalite but it could easily become a guardian too.

Purveyor of the finest quality lies, half-truths and betrayals.

Knobby2

very nice,

I'm currently butchering an eldar ranger, removing the scabbard from his cloak, how i wish =][= models were made of a softer metal