Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Imperial Guard NPCs

Started by Hum_Con, May 12, 2012, 10:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hum_Con

A group of models I have been working on that may be of interest:

They are actually a box of Tamiya 1:35 German Assault Infantry with Winter Gear that I picked up from Model Zone for £10.99. There is also a fifth man with a pistol and grenade who I intend to make into a Sergeant. The Lasguns were made from Warhammer 40,000 boltguns with the stocks from the Tamiya weapons and the barrels made from a mix of the ends of Chaos Knight lances and the barrels of Dwarf Thunderers. I gave one of them a bionic eye from a Mantic Games Forge Father's sprue, but didn't want to make them too Sci-Fi. Shows that it pays to keep a bits box.

The idea is to use them as NPCs, rather than as a Warband in the own right. They could be regular Imperial Guard, Skitarri, bodyguards even heretics depending on the situation.

At 1:35 they are a little small compared to some Inquisitor models, but with their crouched poses it isn't very noticable.

Denzein

Looking real nice - will there be a pic of the sergeant? I'm currently making some guard NPCs too, I'm using 54mm Halo models I found for a song.
Purveyor of the finest quality lies, half-truths and betrayals.

Hum_Con

Absolutely. I just need to sort out his weapons. I want to give him a Laspistol, but don't have any spares and am still figuring out how to make one. I also think he should have a close combat weapon of some kind. A chainsword seems a bit powerful, though it is in keeping with 40K models. I might just go for a sword in which case I have to find one.

Denzein

A common way of doing swords is to take two SM power swords, use one to lengthen the other and remove the power lines - it ends up a 54 scale sword with a minimum of fuss. That said, I'd just go for a chainsword, I know I will be...
Purveyor of the finest quality lies, half-truths and betrayals.

Dolnikan

They have the right style, a bit anonymous which allows them to be good NPC's, the smaller size doesn't really matter because humans vary a lot in that regard.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Zakkeg

Aye, those should do nicely. Wouldn't mind seeing them next to a "proper" Inquisitor mini, though - I'm a bit curious how well they stack up. Their uniformity works to their advantage there; you can always say they're a regiment from a world of very short people. They'd make brilliant tunnel-rats...

Oh, and for what it's worth, I too vote for the chainsword. Apart from being appropriately nasty for an officer, it should help further 40k-up the whole thing.
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Ynek

I'm intrigued by these Tamiya models... At 1:35 truescale they're probably a little on the small side, which will make them look like adolescent humans next to the average 54mm heroics. However, considering that guard conscripts can be as young as eight years old, this is probably not a huge worry. Also, there are ways to bulk up a model anyway, so being of a leaner/shorter build can be remedied.

I'm interested in their hunched poses... If that doesn't scream 'basis for 54mm zombies,' then I don't know what does...

I made some zombies from an Airfix 1:32 set of WW2 German Afrikan Corps, with reasonable success... A few hunched figures like these would add some nice variation. ^_^
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."