Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Warband of Inquisitor Hans Grummond

Started by Hum_Con, April 25, 2012, 10:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

That is the best version of a jokaero I have ever seen! Little bit more tech than I would have integrated but still, looks fantastic!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Alyster Wick

I have to second Shannow, that's a really great Jokaero. A scale shot of it next to one of the other minis would be great but I think I have a sense of the model's size given the SM backpack.

Honestly I think he has just enough bionics on him for my taste. Maybe a Wookie-style belty thing going from the left shoulder down under the right arm would be cool (but possibly excessive). 

Anyway, the rest of the models are looking good too. I have a few too many barbaretta's sitting around so I always like to see new ways to position them (as I hate the stock model) so I may be stealing that. I'll echo the positive sentiments on your Inquisitor as well, great use of stock bits.

On Lady Marika's part I do feel your pain. While people are indeed different heights, shapes and sizes when you combine the difference in scale (heroic versus non), frame size and then throw in a few millimeters the difference can be quite jarring. I know others are more or less passionate about this issue and while I don't think it's truly an issue I understand why it's a bit frustrating. Regardless it's a great looking model.

Hum_Con

I finished painting Grummond and Barius today, it's only taken the better part of a decade.

Dolnikan

The Jakaero is great, it really fits the part. The lady is a nice model as well, and remember, sdifferent sizes make bands look more realistic. There is something on Barius' face, what is it?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Hum_Con

She has a bionic right eye and there is also a mark on the right side of her face which, I believe, was just a piece of flash on the model, but I left it because it looks like a scar.

RobSkib

Looking good! If I were you, I'd spend a little more time on the bases though - it's what separates a good paint job from a good model. An extra, lighter, drybrush of something like Bleached Bone or Fortress Grey (is it still called that anymore?) would do well, a sprinkling of static grass and perhaps some streamers or small plumes of smoke made out of tin foil, tomato paste tubes and cotton wool respectively.

Fundamentally, you want the 'plateau' of the base to be a different colour from the rim - it creates the illusion of a model fighting on a battlefield propped up on a display stand, rather than a model standing on a small, lumpy black hill.

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Hum_Con

Lady Marika is finished.

This is a more flattering image than Grummond and Barius. But I did go back and lighten up their bases a touch and added some green static grass (there was brown on there already, but it isn't very visible in the shot above). When I have them all done I will post a group shot.

Dolnikan

She looks nice, I don;t know why but I adore her sword.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Adlan

The Base is nice, looks good. I like the trousers too, nice model.

RobSkib

Great stuff! I love the shading on her face.
                                     +++++++

Hum_Con

I've finished Cornelius now.

I didn't want to paint him bright orange as I thought that look was a bit over the top. I tried easing up from brown to orange, but the end effect is a bit more brown than I intended. I am still pretty happy with the final results.

And here is the promised group shot.

Shannow

Great looking posse! (and underused term in Inq I think ;))

Have you considered a very light drybrush of orange over cornelius' hair? Just to fleck the very top edges of his hair, much in the way my dark haired beard has ginger flecks in it that only show in certain lights?

Just a thoght, but I think he looks fine as is, could be a different hair strain mutant anyway:)

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

RobSkib

How about orange stripes across his back? Sort of like an inverse tiger's stripes - you could suggest he is from a planet with vast savannahs. Jokaero must presumably display different traits varying from planet to planet, or even continent to continent?
                                     +++++++

Hum_Con

I was aiming for the look of a real world Orangutan, which are far browner than most people think, but didn't get quite the orange/red look I was expecting. As I said, I'm happy enough with the final look, it's faintly reminicent of Chewbacca,  it just wasn't quite what I was aiming for.

Keravin

Love Marika and Grummond.  Thanks very much for the warband picture so we can see how everything scales up together.