Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Warband of Inquisitor Hans Grummond

Started by Hum_Con, April 25, 2012, 10:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hum_Con

I have posted the background and rules for Inquisitor Grummond in the rules section, so I thought I would keep the pictures here.

Grummond is made from a mix of Eisenhorn, Covenant and Preacher Josef parts. I started painting him years ago, but never got around to finishing him. Having finally been inspired to pick up the models I needed for his warband at Salute last weekend, I thought I should finally get on and finish him off and posting the pictures will, hopefully, provide an impetus to do so.

Kaled

Nice model. What models have you got planned for the rest of his warband?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Hum_Con

I've got the models, but I want to post pictures at the same time as I post the rules and background for them.

Dolnikan

I like the model, the parts fit together and he has a nice grim look. A menacing fellow, I am however a bit curious to see what else you have.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Van Helser

He looks badass.

Always good to see that combining the original models can produce great looking characters too.

Ruaridh

Hum_Con

Model Number 2 - Acolyte Cerina Barius

She is essentially the Barbaretta model with her arms heavily repositioned and the hands replaced with ones from the old weapons pack. The barrel is from a set of Tamiya World War 2 accessories, though I still have some work to do on her base. I didn't want to be running, more simply advancing.

Dolnikan

I like what you did with her, she looks really different from the usual Barbaretta. Her pose is well done, she looks like she walks carefully while a strong wind blows in her face.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Grummond reminds me of Saussere! That really is a good set of parts
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Hum_Con

My third model - Lady Marika Emeraldus

Marika is fairly obviously the Lady Gregorian model from Model Display Products http://www.modeldisplayproducts.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=160. I absolutely love this model. I always intended to include a Rogue Trade but when I saw Lady Gregorian I decided to go with a female one. The only change I made was to add an Autopistol to her hip so she would have a ranged weapon, it isn't very visible in this picture though.

The only drawback of this model is that it is noticeably smaller than other Inquisitor models standing only 50mm tall from feet to eyes. This isn't so much of a problem with Grummond, but she is much smaller and slimmer than Cerina Barius. I am hoping that by sticking the scenic base the model comes with onto the GW round base it will give her a little more height and compensate to some degree.

The rules and background for her are in the rules section.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Hum_Con on April 28, 2012, 10:19:57 AMThe only drawback of this model is that it is noticeably smaller than other Inquisitor models standing only 50mm tall from feet to eyes.
I do find it odd how a small height difference in a model can be and still have people to worry about it. People do vary in height - a lot of women I meet in real life don't even make it to my shoulder level.
And while I'm not quite that tall, it's not difficult to find two people who are a foot and a half different in height. It's far odder that all the models in the Inquisitor range are almost the same height (although it does have a practical reason in allowing modellers to swap around parts).

Personally, I'd say don't worry about it - just say she's shorter than average and give her slightly less impressive S & T than the others as a result of her smaller stature.
Whether you (or she) make(s) a big deal of her height in the background is up to you though.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Hum_Con

To be honest, it's less about height and more about bulk. The Lady Gregorian model is very slim and quite realistically scaled, while the Inquisitor models are quite bulky and, putting them side by side, the scale difference is pretty obvious.

That said, I am not hugely bothered and the model is far too nice not to use.

Brother_Brimstone

Some nice models here. I love the Barbaretta conversion and can say from experience, and a chopped up Barbaretta model in my bitsbox, it's not an easy model to convert! My only qualm would be with her hair flowing back as it is. Dolnikan observed it looks as if she's facing a strong wind, and it just seems somewhat at odds with the movement of the rest of the model. Still, it's a small thing, and perhaps a matter of personal taste, but either way, i look forward to seeing her painted!

Kaled

Maybe the thing to do is add things to her base that are blowing in the same wind as her hair.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Trasher

All three models are very cool! Time for a group shot soon? Thinking about Kaled's post, tumbleweed, a cape, or grass blowing in the same direction as her hair might help emphasise a wind, or perhaps you could bend her hair down?
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

Hum_Con

Model number four, Cornelius the Jokaero.

The model is Primaeval Designs 28mm scale Sasquatch , which I picked up at Salute from Magister Militum.

For the digital weapons I used some spare 40K weapons from my bits box (a heavy flamer, a flamer and a plasma pistol). The backpack is a Space marine backpack with some additions. The shoulder pad is from the old Space Orks boxed set. The goggles and other bits and bobs come from Mantic games plastic Forge Fathers.