Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Daemonhosts

Started by MEHughes, April 30, 2012, 03:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MEHughes

Afternoon all,

I'd be very interested in writing an article about Daemonhosts. I think they're a character archetype that isn't often explored, and when it is explored they are often portrayed as being cackling levitating corpses flinging lightning from their fingertips.

Now I've only played maybe half a dozen games at the most, so I'm not the most experienced player. Hence I'm wondering if somebody would be interested in helping me write the article. I have some ideas, but it's always good to get a sounding board and hearing different ideas, especially from a more experienced player.

Anyway, if you'd be interested, could you please let me know or pm me?

Thanks!

MarcoSkoll

Sounds interesting. I'd like to see more variety too.

In fact, I'm currently batting around concepts for a combat daemonhost after I saw this on deviantART and got the idea for a Slaaneshi daemonhost in similar armour - Six breasts? Designed for form over function? Seems about right to me.

Sort of thinking that she might have once been mortal, got rewarded with daemonhood, and has now been bound by a radical Inquisitor. However, that's about as far as I've decided on anything. Seemed cool, anyway.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Generally my suggestion is that if you write the article and submit it, then Dark Magenta has people (myself included) who will be happy to proof read it and suggest any changes/improvements that may be necessary.

I'd also suggest you have a look around the forums and see if you can find some pictures of models to illustrate the article and ask the owners for permission - otherwise I end up using pictures from the same few people when I do the layout.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Van Helser

Daemonhosts are a archetype fairly close to my heart at the moment - Ben Hulston and I are developing a draft of the Xanthite Sourcebook, and will be having a section of the book devoted to daemonhosts.  Some rough ideas have already been jotted down, but are yet to be fully expanded on.  I sense a perfect opportunity to pool ideas!  Interested at all?

Ruaridh

Charax

I'll help out if you like, many years ago I wrote a set of Chaos rules that were fairly well received. always here if you want someone to bounce ideas off me
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Brother_Brimstone

As those of you who have played against me will know, the leader of my primary Warband is a daemonhost which is far from the norm. Zophar was an unfortunate mortal who happened across a powerful daemon-weapon and the moment he picked it up, his body became property of the sword's nefarious inhabitant.

The daemon (Sarthuul) has done its utmost to stop his host from mutating and has used the human's body to infiltrate the empire, manipulating and deceiving its subjects. He's a daemonhost who is all about the shadowy, underhanded manipulative games that the Inquisition plays.

I'd be happy to let Zophar/Sarthuul be used in this article, and give a little overview of him/them as a character, as well as the special rules i made for his 'dispossession'.

Denzein

Is this still alive? If so, I'd love to help out - the character I'm currently writing the story for (literally currently - he's in the tab next to this one.) is a daemonhost that will focus more on the conversational and intellectual half of Inquisitor instead of the all-guns-blazing side of things (although if someone really presses the point they'll most likely be in for a nasty shock), and I'd be happy to throw ideas around with anyone who's going to write this article as to what makes a good daemonhost (or even simply a possessed character - it doesn't have to specifically be a daemonhost).

If this is waning somewhat, I'd love to have a go at writing an article for Dark Magenta myself, and this looks like the sort of thing I'm most interested in. If this doesn't go anywhere by the time I've finished the character I've just mentioned I'll start on the article? I don't want to steal anyone's thunder or anything, I'm just enthusiastic is all.
Purveyor of the finest quality lies, half-truths and betrayals.

Brother_Brimstone

As indicated, and linked to above, when I started the game, my first and only warband for a long time was centered around Zophar/Sarthuul, Sarthuul being the literal embodiment of manipulation and deception posessing a weak-willed PDFsman (Zophar).

In fact, because of his activity at the Conclave Meetups, he's become somewhat infamous in the Carthx Sector, both for tampering with the election of the Conclave's newest leader and though his involvement in the orbital strike which presumably killed what might have been a living saint.

I have plenty of experience using him, and as anyone who has played against me can verify, I RP him very much as a 'fight as the last resort' kind of character, who attempts to use his powers of persuasion to manipulate others.

As such, I like to think I'm reasonably well qualified to write on the subject of using a non-combat orientated daemonhost as a character in Inquisitor, and although I'll have a lot going on in the near future (not least of which being that I will be out of the country from late June to late August), I would be more than happy to contribute, whether it be by writing fluff, volunteering Sarthuul as a sample character for the article, discussing my experience in playing such a character etc... I even have a couple of new daemonhost specific abilities knocking around in my head.

So, while my schedule at the moment (university exams now, then going abroad) might be a bit intense for me to single-handedly write an article on the subject, I'd be more thn happy to co-author or contribute, providing, of course, I'm around for when it's being written.

I've gained so much from Dark Magenta. and the Clave in general, it's about time I gave something back!

MEHughes

Whilst I was planning on leading this article, my summer's gone and made itself very busy, so I don't think I'm gonna have time.
We could have several authors of roughly the same level who contribute roughly equal amounts and then just lie it all together?
So if you're interested, PM me and I'll figure out the best way of communicating :)