Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

CUlt Mechanicus background

Started by Flinty, March 03, 2010, 10:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flinty

http://z6.invisionfree.com/adeptusmechanicus/index.php?showtopic=108

Probably not new, but failed to find a reference here - link to site detailing all things (supposedly) cannonical and otherwise about Ad Mech - in this case ranks within the Cult of the Ommnisiah.   
Neanderthal and Proud!

Shard

Ah, I remember someone doing something similar on the 'clave before. Good to see it again, thanks for that!

Kaled

It's an impressive piece of work certainly.  My main criticism, if you could call it that, is that it takes all these ranks etc from loads of different references and attempts to collate them together to produce the structure of the AdMech.  However the references refer to all manner of different Forge Worlds spread across the galaxy, are often taken from things like codices that simplify for the needs of army list selection and so on - in my opinion, attempting to gather them together into a single coherent structure seems a bit like trying to put together parts from a load of jigsaws that all feature different pictures of the same thing.  It's probably just that I prefer a less homogenised view of the AdMech where the hierarchy on one Forge World can be quite different to that on another.

That all said, I certainly wouldn't argue with anyone who used it as a basis for their background/fiction/etc.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Tullio

It's got an impressive ethic to it, one that I tend to endorse (Ie, at least try to see what's already been written while fictioneering). I've had this saved on my hard drive for a year or so now, and I still refer to it every now and then for ideas. It's most useful for the ranking system of the Mechanicum, which is never really discussed anywhere much and at least an idea of what it might look like is given.

Tullio