Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Macabre Retrospective (Pic Heavy)

Started by Macabre, August 02, 2009, 02:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

Again, another re-post from the old board (not the old old board or the old old old board), however most of these are painted by now but I've yet to retake new photos....

Inquisitor Theophrastus Hathorne

Dramatis Personae from the Terran Conspiracy
*representing the Cabal of the Black Helix

Inquisitor Jean-Daniel Devereaux

Imperial Spy Brother Lacaroux

Commissar Grey*

Agent Kobayashi*

Lord Iscariot*

Agent Lillith*

Adeptus Mechanicus Warband
(names pending and another 12 members built)

Magos

Techpriest Arcani

Squat Engineer

H-Grade Preatorian Servitor

Other Random Models

Eldar Farseer Kaelethransir

Ecclesiarch Preacher

I have several more completed but have yet to take photos of, I'll update this thread where needed...
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

precinctomega

Some great conversions, there.  Hard to pick out my favourites, to be honest.  But I'm looking forward to seeing these painted!

R.

Hadriel Caine

green with envy... or is that just the font on this forum? :P

Seriously impressive GS skills mate. Saw these at the meet at Easter and was bowled over then. particularly nice is the use of Drazhar's blades, they work REALLY well at this scale IMO.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

MarcoSkoll

Fantastic skill here.

In many ways, I'm enjoying the rebuilding of the Conclave, because it gives me the chance to see all these things again, some of which I'd forgotten about.

If asked to pick my favourite, it's got to be the Farseer, a great conversion of the Avatar that I keep meaning to do my own version of. But I do like the "Splinter Cell -ishness" (not sure if that's what you were going for though) of your Eversor conversion - surprisingly simple, and it changes the model vastly.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

kierkegaard

Models models everywhere, and not a drop of paint...

Great converting and sculpting skills though. Looking forward to seeing them painted.

LazarusKing

Ooooh.  Too much good stuff.

Farseer, Magos, and the Commisar are excellent.

And that last priest has a fantastic pose.

catferret

There's something about the pose of the Ecclesiarch Preacher that just grabs my attention.  He's very dynamic.  A fairly simple conversion but it wrks very well.

Tullio

Sweet Imperator! Is he really in Mk VII Imperator Armour? Is that really a Farseer?

:o

Tullio

TheNephew

That Magos head swap is such a simple and excellent idea.
I'm dead impressed, it changes the tone of model nicely, makes it look a little more sinister in that skeletal creepy way that Ringwraiths and such look nasty.

BeardMonk

Fantastic.

The servo arms on the magos - Wheres it from?
Life is short, but the doom is long

Sumaki

Quote from: BeardMonk on August 18, 2009, 02:59:08 PM
Fantastic.

The servo arms on the magos - Wheres it from?

IIRC, the servo arms from the magos are from the newer space marine tecpriest and the tech priest has a servo arm from the old version of the techspace marine, i'm going to have a stab at 2nd generation?
i may have an old codex kicking around with it in (Actualy i think that books in storage... damm.)

kierkegaard

The Magos' right (model right) servo arm and backpack are from the new Techmarine, and the left arm is from the Iron Warriors Warsmith model (although it is really difficult to tell.)

Any progress on photos of the models in their painted states?