Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Scibor miniatures

Started by Knobby2, May 18, 2012, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knobby2

I've currently got an alfred he fearless monster killer sat on my work tray, this is the second one I've had. I sent the first one back as the casting was shoddy, if I sold models of this quality I'd be ashamed too call myself a gamer. Currently my second one now has very little leg detail, no boots, a lot of the jacket and shirt detail is also missing, I dare not look at his hunting rile as it makes me cry,

I'm planning on green stuffing a lot of new detail in,

Which brings me too my questions,

1) Id like ideas for what too add

And 2) has anybody actually had a positive experience with scibor figures, which ones did you use

Keravin

Why haven't you sent this one back?

MarcoSkoll

Same question. If it's still not up to scratch, why haven't you sent it back again?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Charax

I can certainly sympathise with the "make do with what you've got" approach - Scibor obviously doesn't give a damn about QC if he's sending miscasts out to replace miscasts, so there's the possibility that the replacement will be even worse. that, and all this back-and-forth costs money and time.

hard to tell you what to do without seeing how bad things are, but I'd file down the leg area to resculpt the boots, replace the rifle with another weapon or rebuild it with brass rod & plasticard, and do what you can with the shirt.

really though, the rifle's the best thing about the model, if that's miscast send it back, demand a refund and buy something from someone else
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Knobby2

Well all I did for 2 hours this morning was scrape file and cut the plan now is too result the detail back in. The head and hat were perfect casts so much detail shame the rest let it down. Soon as I can get the sculpting done ( this weekend hopefully ) ill post pics up.

Also in reference too why I didn't send it back the shop I got it from is rather unhelpful. Took me an age too replace the first one. In all fairness I was going too alter him a bit from stock. Just got too alter him a lot from stock now