Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

An issue with paints

Started by Dolnikan, May 24, 2012, 09:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

Recently I tried to replenish some of my paints at my FLGS, but there was one big issue. All the paint names had changed and I had no idea which was which. Does anyone have a list of the old and new names somehwere?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Trasher

Notice the two words "best match". I've heard Agrax Earthshade isn't really the same as Devlan Mud, for example.
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

Dolnikan

thanks a lot, this is really useful for me.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Trasher

Glad to be of help :) Maybe an admin could use this photo in a sticky somewhere?
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

greenstuff_gav

i would, but having used the new paints (and their horrible, horrible lid design) the colours don't match :P
for example the old Bestial Brown (the base for most of my painting) is apparently "Mournfang Brown" .. it's nowhere near (Mourn is more like the old Scorched) .. Skrag Brown is closer but blends differently :P

play it by ear or look at changing your colour recipes i'm afraid!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Trasher

Gav: Well, it even says in the picture it's the "best match" and "close, but not exact comparisons", maybe you could add it to a sticky with a big, red warning on top? :)

Dolnikan

One of the main issues I have with trying to see if it is the correct colour is that I am colourblind, I can do painting but seeing the differences between colours is troublesome for me, and I would hate it if I paint a model in several stages(like I usually do) and people see that the colours are patchy.