Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Sealed helmets?

Started by mattausten86, May 24, 2012, 06:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattausten86

If I go for the "zombie hunting" warband,I'm going to need sealed helmets,more specifically for the judge model,but no idea what to use!!!

Cheers
Matt

Kaled

Get some terminator helmets and maybe add the respirator part to Sgt Black's head then cover his eyes with a greenstuff visor.  The same part would probably fit on the judge's helmet - it has certainly become a favourite way or creating a respirator and I've seen it on lots of heads.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Dolnikan

That really depends on the kind of helmet you want, but I would advise against it. The face is what gives a character most of its character, hiding it will make him or her faceless.(sorry for the bad joke)
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Kaled

Dolnikan makes a good point.  But you could always have one character wearing his helmet, another with it hanging from his belt, one with helmet in hand and respirator hanging around his neck, and so on.  Plus there are other ways to add character to a model if you do decide to cover his face.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

mattausten86

I'm either gonna do it one of two ways,either use helmes,or find some way of showing the first signs of the vIrus!

Cheers
Matt

Dolnikan

Signs of the virus could be done with some paint, a slightly different skin tone, a bit of red in the eye, sores, that sort of thing.

Another option would be to depict them as if they are in a situation where they don't wear their helmets for a moment, allowing you to show the faces.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.