Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Rise of the Eldest Faction In The Carthax Sector: Xanthite Warband

Started by Van Helser, May 25, 2012, 12:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

Nice colour scheme! What's that by his foot, is it a book? I couldn't comment on the eyes though, I've never tried something like that myself, and I don't think the photo does it justice. Could we have some more angles please? :)

I'd echo the comment on the loincloth though - the design seems a bit indecisive. Perhaps the bottom half of an Inquisitorial =][= ?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Van Helser

Thanks all.

The design on the cloth is meant to be circuit board-like - his sorcerous powers tie in to corrupted tech.  I may redo it.

I've had mixed comments on the eyes so far.  I may go and look at some more models with eye-shine and see what I could do to emphasise them some more.

It's a book on the ground Rob, from Delphan Gruss.  There are also some sorcerous symbols painted on the base.  When I make changes to the model I'll come back with a couple of different angle shots.

Ruaridh

krenshar

These are amazing models, the mutie and the psyker in particular; they look like the parts were always intended to go together.

I'm in awe of the paint job on the inquisitor's coat - open expanses like coats are something I've yet to get right.
The eye-glow just needs to spread over a smaller area, I think.  If the eyes are the light source then the brow would block the glow from reaching the forehead and it looks to extend a little far around the sides.
My first impression was that the glow was coming from within the skull as he focuses his power into it, which I thought was really cool.

Swarbie

Man, these guys look fantastic! I particularly love the mutant's feral yellow eye. The inquisitor also has a really great pose and paint job :) Can't wait to see that assassin :D
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Quickdraw McGraw

The Inquisitor's pose is like something out of a Shakespeare play.  Was it Macbeth?  " Alas poor Horatio, for I knew him well." 

Great pose!  I find it can be the most challenging part of creating a new model is finding a pose that speaks volumes about their character.
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

Gilleon

I believe you mean Hamlet... "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest"..... but agreed, excellent pose, and a nice paint job to boot.

Quickdraw McGraw

Thanks for the correction.   ;D   Alas, my poor mind has failed me again. :P
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P