Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Weapon Packs 1 & 2 in Development, Misc. Announcement

Started by Inquisitor Dionzi, May 25, 2012, 11:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

Quote from: Simeon Blackstar on June 04, 2012, 11:44:01 AM
Guys, I was watching that last unreleased lasgun and thinking of sending it on to the Conclave too, but decided it went too high for me. Could it be worth setting up a Conclave funding pool and having just one of us bid? That way we wouldn't compete against each other, have more chance of making it available to the community at large, and can afford to pay a larger amount for it. I mean, if even ten of us donate £3 per weapon, that could easily be a winning bid.

With that cash, you could grab some Procreate, some old credit cards and some super glue and set about creating your own replicas! Like Charax suggested, having a pool of money is a nice idea, but very impractical, especially when you consider it on a large business scale - everyone would essentially be investors.

In my opinion, it would be best to encourage the homebrew versions rather than pine over the versions-that-never-were. We need to give Dionzi the support he needs (and the occasional poke to remind him to hurry up :P ) as well as producing our own versions.

Keep up the good work Dionzi! We're all rooting for you.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: RobSkib on June 04, 2012, 08:01:08 PM
(and the occasional poke to remind him to hurry up :P ) as well as producing our own versions.

know that feeling  :-[
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Inquisitor Dionzi

If I could find an appropriately sheepish emoticon, I'd use it!

Shaiyleigh took about 250 hours over 8 years to get to the point where I'm half-way satisfied with her - she's castable, but I'm already designing her new form.  Dionzi is on his 12th variation since 2002!

I'm waiting on my new Artemis and Covenant so I can proceed with the weapons packs: I need them for scale - my existing weapons kits are all for the Artemis mini, so are, understandably, too large for the average schmoe.
SKYFALL MINIATURES

greenstuff_gav

thread split. Ebay discussion Here.

now Dionzi. give us development pics! ;)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaludram

Dionzi:

I have been out of Inquisitor for about 8 years but have a very large amount of miniatures and bits.  On my way out of college, I purchased two lots of whole (unopened & opened) kits along with three piles of bitz from eBay.  Silly me, but I thought when I had my own house and only 1 job that I would have more time for games than I did with two jobs while going to college. 

Anyway, to the point, if you need specific bits for comparison or even to base new weapon designs on, please let me know.  I am more than willing to send out a handful of weapon bitz in exchange for a casting or two to replace them at a future date.  All they're doing right now is collecting dust in my bitz box until I change to a less intense (read not rotating shift) job.

Post here if interested.
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Inquisitor Dionzi

OOO! Oo! Oo! *wave hand frantically* I'm interested! I'm interested!
(EDIT:: e-mail is on account, and we're in contact :) )
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Kaludram

Inquisitor Dionzi

Hi All,

I'm now beginning to take pre-orders for both Skivvy (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1581.0) and Shaiyleigh (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1479.0): I have the vac chamber, I just need to get funds for the silicone rubber and resin.  The weapons packs (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2019.0) are still in development, but I am receiving considerable support from this community, and I hope to soon have two, perhaps all three ready to go soon!

I'm offering one free mini or one free weapon-pack to the people who place orders between now and the end of August: For now, I'm thinking Skivvy at 8GBP, Shaiyleigh at 14GBP, and weapons packs at 8GBP. The free mini/weapon pack will be at the choice of the customer (duplicate or summat different). This is for 2 reasons: one, the Conclave community has supported me for so long that I want to give something back; two, I am asking for money up front (for now), and I want to give something back to the people who help get this project up off the ground, both financially and in faith. As I get manufacturing materials stockpiled, I plan to increase the size of weapons packs (from 3 weapons to 6 weapons for 8 quid), but for now, this is what I can do.

I am also accepting custom orders for self-made minis!

So, anyway, I thought you'd like to know, and feel free to contact me either through PM here or via e-mail (dionzi[at]skyfallminiatures.com)

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Dio
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Heroka Vendile

No offence Dionzi, but I wouldn't be surprised if people would rather see finished weapons and models before they start funding the casting process.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaludram

Dionzi:

Bitz en route.  Good luck getting the weapons packs cast.

Zakkeg

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on July 23, 2012, 02:24:37 PM
No offence Dionzi, but I wouldn't be surprised if people would rather see finished weapons and models before they start funding the casting process.

Yes. Rather important, that.
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Inquisitor Dionzi

So, here's another addition for the ranged weapons packs:

SKYFALL MINIATURES

Inquisitor Dionzi

Updated WIPs of the weapon packs.

SKYFALL MINIATURES

Koval

Must admit I'm not seeing anything, unless it simply isn't in the post you just made?

Inquisitor Dionzi

Oh sonuvva...

EDIT: Try now :)

All weapons (except for the small shotgun) are scaled for space marines. The hands are scaled for 54mm infantry (like Covenant or IG). I'll be expanding and developing these further.
SKYFALL MINIATURES