Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The hunt for Golgamesh

Started by Dolnikan, May 27, 2012, 09:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

Yesterday we played the first half of the first scenario of the little campaign I have already talked about in the Rules Discussion board. Circumstances forced us to stop earlier than we had expected but with some carefully made notes we will be capable of continuing the next time we get an opportunity. I can't get the pictures uploaded so I will post them later. The description of what happened will come at the same time because I'm not all that good at describing what happened without the bad pictures.

The Scenario:
Inquisitor Golgamesh is looking for the Library of Mamnides, a renegade inquisitor. The renegade was brought to justice more than fifty years ago by inquisitor Fyrn. This inquisitor has already died as have most of his associates. Recently it has come to her attention that one of the inquisitor's bodyguards is still alive in the settlement of Hyrul on Hyalinde. She hopes that this man knows the location of Fyrn's base of operations where his records will hopefully still be. Her objective is to capture the bodyguard.

Interrogator Oblomow has received instructions from inquisitor Khar to capture inquisitor Golgamesh so she can stand trial before her peers. He has heard rumours about her presence and through is agents has found out that she wishes to contact and old man who lives in the town. He rushes there hoping to capture his former mistress.

The bodyguard has retired a long time ago. He amassed some wealth while working for the inquisitor and uses the funds to enjoy his retirement. He spends most of his time in a local bar called the Jiggly Room which also offers other kinds of entertainment. He retains some paranoia and always wears armour under his robes and will never be unarmed, fearing shadows from his past. He will not come quietly, he simply wants to enjoy his last years.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Dolnikan

Unfortunately I don't have as many pictures as I hoped for, I blame my poor photography skills.

We had set up a small part of a town, Golgamesh' warband deployed on one side of the town, Oblomow at the other.

Oblomow's group split up in to parts, he took Kito with him past the bakery while Vindratan and Dworn moved behind the water tank. Golgamesh's warband started behind the house in front of the bottle.  Callixta climbed onto the building, Basor went past the side with the three windows and the others all walked past the building on the other side.

Callixta continued her move and leapt onto the bar, she did not notice Vindratan and Dworn running from behind the water tank, hiding behind the house next to it. Oblomow ran into the alley between the house and the bar and the other characters moved onto the little square in front of the bar, where two labourers were talking to eachother. Basor entered the alley as well.

Callixta entered the bar from above and looked around. Kito ran to the window throwing away Basor while Oblomow kept back a bit. Dworn entered the house through the window while Vindratan kept watch behind her. The civilians inside shouted when the psyker entered their home, alerting Jessa who walked in and opened fire, hitting Dworn and causing her to fall back outside through the window, hearing the commotion Ghrine went to look at the other side of the house where she saw Vindratan.

Callixta saw Kito and knowing his immense strength immediately threw a grenade at him, causing horrific injuries and disabling him. Golgamesh knew that something was wrong and reached out with her powers, detecting everyone. Oblomow had drawn his pistols and leapt through the window, ready to fire. In the other building Jessa walked to the window where Vindratan was waiting for her, he hit her with his flail causing her to fall away from him. Ghrine prepared the fuse of her fuel bomb. Basor wan behind Oblomow, ready to stab him in the back.

Callixta ducked for cover and aimed at Oblomow. Golgamesh entered through the door and used her powers to force Oblomow to drop his pistols. Oblomow drew his sword and slashed at Basor, disemboweling him. He then attacked Callixta who dodged his attack. Dworn regained her senses and threw a ball of fire at Ghrine who caught fire and the fuel bomb exploded in her hands. Jessa fled the house and Vindratan helped Dworn to stand up again.

Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Quickdraw McGraw

That's a bummer you had to stop right during all action!  I hope you all get to finish the scenario soon.  I wanna see how it turns out.   :)
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P