Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Sammael Tsorovan and Retinue (INQ28)

Started by Laeradex, June 02, 2012, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laeradex

So, this is my first Inquisitor; a duellist-turned-Rogue Trader-turned-Inquisitor. Word of warning; my painting is pretty mediocre. I prefer the modelling side of things. This guy was kitbashed from the IG Cadian command squad and a host of random Empire bits. I've been waiting to use that head in something for so long.

I'm new, so go easy  ;D

Edit: Fixed photo
"Contrary to popular belief, I know exactly what I'm doing."

Denzein

I don't know what you're worried about painting wise, it looks fine. I like the model too, it's good that you avoided the common INQ28 pitfall of using unconverted 40k models. Is there an image of it from the back? I'm curious as to what the backpack is.
Purveyor of the finest quality lies, half-truths and betrayals.

Laeradex

There we go, back shot. Yes, it's a scarab, but then he's fascinated by anything xenos, and has had a conversion field worked into it.

Side shot while we're at it...

My desk lamp makes him look more tanned than he is. He's really rather pale...

S:PM

Dwi

Nice work man. What kind of sword and ranged weapon dose he have? I would expect a former rouge trader and duelist would have some interesting set ups.
May The Emperor protect us from the dakness of the void. That or we can run around in little cricles and wave our arms and shout

Laeradex

Well, in terms of ranged he's just got a standard duelling pistol, but then he is pretty much exclusively CC... The sword, I'm still thinking about. It's a priceless heirloom of his family etc, so I don't want it casually destroyed by a power weapon...

Kaled

Quote from: Laeradex on June 02, 2012, 10:21:25 PM
It's a priceless heirloom of his family etc, so I don't want it casually destroyed by a power weapon...
I think people worry about this too much - power weapons are rare enough in the game that them destroying other weapons is very uncommon. Plus you could say it's the same sword that has been handed down through the centuries - just that in it's time it's had four new blades and two new hilts!
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Laeradex

Quote from: Kaled on June 02, 2012, 10:52:46 PM
Plus you could say it's the same sword that has been handed down through the centuries - just that in it's time it's had four new badges and two new hilts!

I like this idea.  :D

But then it's just a run-of-the-mill sword... Unless I fluff it to be something out of the ordinary, I don't know. Master crafted? Does that do anything in Inquisitor?

Well, I'm currently working on the next guy, a (gasp) unconverted Harlequin. I just love this particular model so much. Updates when I find my laptop: the iPad camera is shoddy.

Kaled

Quote from: Laeradex on June 03, 2012, 11:35:36 AM
But then it's just a run-of-the-mill sword... Unless I fluff it to be something out of the ordinary, I don't know. Master crafted? Does that do anything in Inquisitor?
Oops, that should have been 'four new blades' - stupid auto-correct!

Have a look here - there all sorts of upgrades you could give it;
http://www.freewebs.com/closecombatweapons/index.htm
Maybe make it a Duelling sword, or a Monofilament one, or make it One in a Million...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Dolnikan

I like the model, the backpack really helps out with fitting him into the setting.

About the sword, you could just use it as a normal sword, it might be a priceless relic to the character, but there is no need for it to have any special capabilities, except the emotional ones of course. He would probably be very good at using it, perhaps a slight ws boost while he uses it to reflect his great familiarity with it.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Keravin

He's a nice kitbash.   Regarding the sword if he was more religious he could go with a blessed sword, but I like the more mundane aspect to it.   Give it a name and then extract terrible revenge if anyone ever destroys it.   Plus give it a nice special material to be made from and if it does get destroyed that gives the GM a nice sidequest for you to do whilst rebuilding it.

Laeradex

Thanks!  ;D

I shall think more on the sword when I write him out. For now, I quite like the idea of the Duelling Sword...

And now for today's work, I present Interrogator-Captain Saul Victus, and an as-yet unnamed Harlequin ("The Last Laugh", maybe). Both are still pretty WIP.

Sorry about the shoddy quality, not too sure what's happened there...

Also a shot of the part of my desk that shall henceforth be known as 'The Pipeline'. Mostly half-finished stuff, really.

Dolnikan

The pipeline is interesting, I look forwards to seeing more. What will the role of the interrogator-captain be, is he the leader of the inquisitor's seurity forces or is he just the foremost interrogator?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MEHughes

Like I've said before Dex, I love the classic look to your Inquisitor. Also looking forward to how you're going to work eldar into your background!

Laeradex

Dolnikan: I was thinking kinda both... He started off as Head of Security, but when it was found he had a talent for... Extracting information from subjects, he was promoted to Interrogator, but asked to retain his position as head of security.  :)

MEHughes: Cheers! I assume you are who I think you are... :P  ;D

I've just finished painting Victus, I'll put pics up as soon as I've properly finished him off in the morning.