Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Quickdraws WIPs w/New model just added!

Started by Quickdraw McGraw, June 17, 2012, 01:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quickdraw McGraw

Hello Fellow Conclavers,

It has been a year since I checked in with the Forum.  For me it comes and goes in cycles.  Usually when I get around to working on my hobbies again.  I don't really have time for playing but I still love to create and paint models based on the 41st millennium.

So I thought this time I would start a new topic displaying my WIPs.  This I believe will help keep me focused.  Plus it's a real enjoyment for me to see everyone else's progress on their own projects.  I'll be posting new ones as they come far enough in their progress to be seen clearly.

There has been a lot of new threads and discussions since I've been away.  I can't wait to get caught up in between coats of paint.  ;)

I'm currently working on a Mutant Freedom Fighter warband.  But first I'm trying to complete a model I started over a year ago.  This is a tribute to my favorite Space Marine Chapter.  Blood Angels.

Lazarus- Blood Angels Vanguard Veteran

Equipment:  Chainsword, Inferno pistol and jump pack

Completely glued and primed

Front

Left side   The jump pack looks twice as big as it really is.   It's just the angle on my camera.

Right side

More to come...

Thanks for viewing.   :)

Josh

P.S.  A special thanks to Replica for the inspiration.
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

Dolnikan

It really looks very good, it is very crisp and nicely built. I look forwards to seeing more of your models.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

KrautScientist

Looking excellent, mate! I am looking forward to seeing more!  :)
Check out my blog at http://www.eternalhunt.wordpress.com

World Eaters | INQ28 | Terrain | Other

Quickdraw McGraw

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.   :) 

I base coated it this morning with Mechrite red.  Monday I'll start the inking process to deepen the red. 

Have a great weekend.

Thanks,
Josh

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Quickdraw McGraw

Just wanted to upload some more updates on Lazarus.  I first inked it in Baal Red, 50/50 Devlan mud/water and then again with Baal Red.

Front

Rear

Josh

Dolnikan

The red really is coming alive. I also really like the back of the jump pack, unless I'm mitaken again I think that it is the first shot of it that we get to see.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Van Helser

An exceptionally skilful conversion.  I think this is the first time I've seen a 54mm jump pack, and you've absolutely nailed it.

Ruaridh

Quickdraw McGraw

@ Dolnikan & Van Helser-  Thanks you're too kind!  It was my first attempt at anything this big.  I sat down with a 28mm jump pack, pictures from the Codex, some Milliput and put my best effort into it.  I still feel a little self conscious about it, but that's just me. 

So I'm going to post some WIP pictures of the jump pack itself.  I have others as well if anyone is interested.   :)

Thanks for viewing.
Josh

Dolnikan

Thank you for those pictures, they are very instructive and show that there is quite some skill involved.

Inquisitor Goldeneye

I honestly thought this must be a 28mm scale model purely on the basis of the fact that they don't make 54mm scale jet-packs. My jaw hit the floor when I realised it was a self-sculpt!

I wish I could sculpt like this!
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

Quickdraw McGraw

@ Inquisitor Goldeneye-  I'm happy to hear that I fooled your eye.  I honestly didn't think I could do it.  But I broke it down into steps and kept at it til it looked right.  It's not perfect but I am very happy with the results.  :)

I've begun painting the various layers of red.  I'll post some new ones in a few days.

Thanks the words of encouragement everyone.  :)
Josh

Simeon Blackstar

It might not be perfect, but it's pretty damn close! Fantastic work!

Heroka Vendile

very nice work on the jetpack.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Shannow

I was fooled same as goldeneye! Excellent beautiful work
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Quickdraw McGraw

Hello fellow Conclavers, 

It's been a few days and I promised I would post more updates. 

Not entirely impressive at this stage but with the red about 80%. With all the other colored features blacked out you can see all the detail
a little better I think.

I'll check back in soon.  Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekends.   :)

Josh