Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Quickdraws WIPs w/New model just added!

Started by Quickdraw McGraw, June 17, 2012, 01:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

It looks very good, a bit sickly like one would expect for a mutant but still natural.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Quickdraw McGraw

The skin I believe is finished.  I toned down the skin a bit and washed the black recesses with green and devan mud ink.  The purple dyed hair however did not turn out!  >:(  It's not bright enough.  My purples had dried up beyond hope.  It's been years since I used them.  I mixed red and blue together until it turned out but I'm not happy with it. I'll pick up some purples this week and redo it.  Or I could just paint it black to save time and money.  Options?

Thanks,
josh
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

Alyster Wick

He looks like a respectable resident of Tromaville, very well done skin-tone. It fits the model overall very, very well.

Quickdraw McGraw

Alyster-  HaHa!  Thanks for the awesome complement!  I should have modeled him with a mop.  ;D

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Dolnikan

You could always do what I once did, think that you paint something purple and have it turn out bright pink.(Only then it was my hair)

But seriously, I would try to get some new purple, purple hair is cool
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Quickdraw McGraw

Hello everyone!  ;D

It's been a little while but I'm still plugging away at it.  I got a little bogged down when I started working on two at the same time but here is another I've been working on.  Sorry, it won't get painted just yet.  I want to finish my mutant war band before I start painting them.  The Janis twins were the only exception.  But I only did their skin. 

This is Titus the Pit fighter from Baal Prime.  His right hand is an implanted electro-flail, he carries a revolver in holster and an short assegai spear (made for thrusting and slashing). 

Hope you enjoy.  I'd love to hear any comments.

Thanks,
Josh

Heroka Vendile

is that sculpted armour on the body? I don't recognise it as from any model I've seen.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Quickdraw McGraw

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on October 03, 2012, 11:35:11 AM
is that sculpted armour on the body? I don't recognise it as from any model I've seen.

Yes, i tried to sculpt it in the image of NFL padding.  I only half succeeded.   :)

Myriad

It's come out looking pretty good the armour, in any event.  The short, stabbing spear seems a little intimidating for such a weapon, but I guess pitfighters do tend towards the visually impressive.

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Kaludram

Quote from: Myriad on October 04, 2012, 01:50:37 PM
It's come out looking pretty good the armour, in any event. 

I agree.  It reminds me of the armor designs in the older chapters of the Fallout series.  8)
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Quickdraw McGraw

Thanks for the kind words!  I really appreciate it.   :)

Odd thing about the short spear is the camera made it look much bigger than it really is.  Its a little over half his height.   :P

Thanks for commenting,
Josh