Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm Leman Russ

Started by Tessio Niri, April 19, 2012, 12:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirkthe1

Love it. Turret wise I'd stick on an exterminator- think of the amount of dice. But the interchangable turret option would be a great option.

I'm quite jealous

Tessio Niri

Thanks everyone. I think for the time being I will probably focus on the battle cannon but intend to keep options open for inter-changeable main weapons. Most likely to include autocannons and eradicator cannon in addition to the battle cannon.

Since my last update I've been working on the turret. Apart from finding some of the angles impossibly hard to get right, I managed to about 95% finished. Heare the results.

What do you think.

Regards T.
"There is but one God and his name is the Omnissiah. How his hunger extinguishes that light of the stars." Magos Belion Tygrosa

Dolnikan

The turret looks very good, just like the one on the GW model, but the question remains, what will the weapon be?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Shannow

To me it looks almost sentient without a gun on the turret, likes its looking at you....

Very cool all round.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Tessio Niri

Thought I'd make a push on the big guns for everyone. As I said I think the battle cannon is iconic Leman Russ so I started on that one first. Just need to finish the vent on the muzzle.

While I was cutting perspex tube for the battle cannon I could resist making another big boom gun. Not as iconic and it does make the tank look a little squat but just as bad.

And for the guys who wanted more guns, I,m going to make a autocannon as well.

Regards

T.
"There is but one God and his name is the Omnissiah. How his hunger extinguishes that light of the stars." Magos Belion Tygrosa

Shannow

Looks great! Would love to see it at an IGT but such is life!

Out of curiosity, how long does one of your large projects usually take in terms of actual hours of work?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Dolnikan

Very, very nice guns, they look very crisp and sharp as is the rest of the tank. Really, very well done.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Zakkeg

Un-fething-believable. I... I think I want to marry it.
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Tessio Niri

Sorry about the lack of progress on the Russ. I have been a little pre-occupied with work at the moment. On the plus side I got bord the other night and wanted to show you things possibly to come.

Can you guess what it might one day become?

Regards

T.

Koval

greenstuff_gav

either Rhino or Land Raider :)
from the shape i'd say Rhino...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

I don't think he needs another Rhino.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Knobby2

it's liable too be a rhino chassis vehicle, im inclined too think razorback

Kaled

The aquila track link is a famous feature of the Land Raider. The thirteenth track link represents the Emperor, with twelve for the High Lords, thus stamping the planet's surface with the symbols of the Imperium.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Heroka Vendile

while half of me says Land Raider, the other half thinks Tessio's question was rhetorical, as the Leman Russ has no tracks yet...
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy