Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Kroot

Started by AesirRey, July 06, 2012, 10:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AesirRey

Hi there, first posting so appologies if this is in the wrong place.

I'm in the delightfully unlucky position of being laid up with a badly broken leg at the moment so I'm looking for things to paint.

I was contemplating getting the Inquisitor Kroot kit from GW, does anyone know if it still comes with the bits to make a generic carnivore or only the bits to make the character version?

Helmgard

Sorry to hear about the leg! never good.

I bought the kit just recently, didn't see much in the way of conversion stuff so I think you only get the one option.

AesirRey

Thanks, been nearly 6 weeks now immobile, been working on my Circle Orboros for Hordes and now I'm in the mood for something a little more sci-fi.

Shame that they ommit those bits of the kit, I always loved the idea of the more generic Kroot. They did at one point include both in the same way they did with the Eldar Ranger. Might go ebay hunting.

Macabre

Its a difficult question to answer as when SG did the reshuffle of what was going OOP and not, the official position was that all Kroot packs now have the plain head and rifle (what was then part of the conversion pack) so you should receive what you call the 'generic Kroot'. However, even after the reshuffle it isn't unheard of for some people to receive the original character Kroot bits instead...or very rarely, both.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Helmgard

When I get home from work, I'll take a picture of what you get in the kit, probably best way to see!

greenstuff_gav

when i ordered 6 months ago i got the normal kroot stuff in amongst the weird stuff :P
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Helmgard

Ordered it on.. erm last week, this is what turned up.

AesirRey

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I might well get what I want after all  :)

Heroka Vendile

tsk tsk, where is everyone's manners.

Welcome to the Conclave!
^that's traditional

looking forward to seeing the result of your temporary immobility  :)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy