Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Goldeneye's W.I.P.s & miscellany.

Started by Inquisitor Goldeneye, May 31, 2011, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

Gribblies = one of best GM tools I've seen.

And yes a am also a fello hue-mon..... silence!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Heroka Vendile

nice choice glossing-up the bugs, makes them suitably icky looking
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Dolnikan

I love the missile, those things always come in handy. The worms look great, very natural while still a bit alien and strange.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Zakkeg

Well. There's my next gribbly project. (Really ought to finish off those gloomhaunts, though... And that refinery. And those warbands. Christ, I'm unproductive. :P) Brilliant stuff.
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Thanks for all the comments!

Now, for those who wanted a diorama with my industrial terrain, I shall endeavour not to disappoint!:-

From the other sides.

Unfortunately, believe it or not, I don't currently own a gaming-board (although I do have plans to build one in the near future*), so I've had to improvise by putting a couple of my large buildings together to make a base.

The story so far:-

Backed up by some local security forces, Inquisitor Goldeneye clashes with a rogue Mechanincus cabal at a chemical processing center. nearby, some Servitors go about their business oblivious to the mayhem unfolding around them.

A flanking force attempts to take the heretics by suprise, but what's this waiting around the corner for them? Looks like they're in for a nasty surprise!

Meanwhile, Magos Blitzkrieg uses his servitors to help him try and disarm the doomsday missile in a thrilling race against the countdown, whilst another member of the corrupt cabal attempts to overide the launch protocols and get the rocket underway! He should be paying more attention to his surroundings though, as it seems that one of the nearby chemical storage tanks has become infested, and the repulsive critters within have burst forth in search of food!

Will the forces of order triumph over the forces of corruption?
Will Blitzkrieg de-activate the missile in time?
Will I ever learn to use the camera properly, and post some good-quality pictures for a change?

For the answers to all these questions and more, tune in next time!

* I'm hoping to constuct a nice, double-sided, 6' by 4'  board which breaks apart into six 2' by 2' squares; green and flocked on one side, grey/ concrete coloured on the other. If anyone has any advice and/or tips, I would be very gratefull.
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

Mordenkenain

Is it wrong that I find DOOMSDAY WEOPON to be an appropriate spelling, causing it to be read in a bad russian accent...
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit

Heroka Vendile

Now that is an Inquisitor table.

re: board building, I'd recommend looking at model railway layout building articles - especially if you're wanting to make a mounting/legged frame for your 6 2'x2' boards. I personally have a 6'x4' handy-angle frame that fits 3' reversible 4'x2' boards.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Quickdraw McGraw

Looking at your beautiful scenery.  It brings back fond memories.  One in particular that my hobby shop and I built a shanty town for an inquisitor introduction at the shop.  10 players showed up, i organized them into warbands and we had a blast! 

Something funny I wanted to share, was a kid named Curly at one point ran his space marine across a tin roof to cut off a bad guy.  Half of his dice came up ones!  As the GM I told him that he had fallen through the roof and became entangled in old woman's unmentionables!
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

Dolnikan

That looks very good, I would love to play on such a beautiful board with all those nice models.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.