Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Warband is being formed!

Started by Helmgard, July 04, 2012, 09:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helmgard

Here we go, the warband so far! please let me know what you think!

Still not actually thought up profiles for them all yet.. is a power halberd and bolter a bit ott as well? I'm kinda thinking it maybe, looks good though!!

Charax

Ah, Belladonna, always great to see her about - I've got my own all-girl Warband on the go, so it'll be interesting to see what you get up to. she looks surprisingly good with her arm bent up like that, very nice, natural pose.

Power halberd and bolter might be a bit much, but she's armoured as well, I imagine the weight will take its toll
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Shannow

I really like the enforcer and cyberhound paint schemes, really really nice! Good paint jobs all round though.

It is OTT but you could always offset it with the bolter having one bullet reserved for a daemonic character or some such, plus a not OTT Bs skill.

Alternatively you could balance it with other people not being over powered and she is just the main thing and everyone else is a pretty weak support role, which would also be fun to roleplay
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Heroka Vendile

that's a nice little warband there
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Shannow on July 04, 2012, 09:39:28 PMAlternatively you could balance it with <snip> everyone else as a pretty weak support role
This is largely how my (still in progress) Ecclesiarchy warband works, because it was the only way I could really use a power armoured Battle Sister without it being totally overwhelming.

I've not really had much chance to test it, but it has proven to make a warband that's not too much to handle. However, experience quickly taught me that taking her alongside other combatants is only to be done on rare occasions.

As such, I'd say that with an enforcer and a well armed ganger, a bolter, a power halberd and heavy armour may not make you many friends. Reining that in (either with lesser weapons, or adding disadvantages) would probably be a good idea.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

The models look very good.

About her, you could say that she isn;t very skilled with the weapons, she has powerful equipment but not the skills to use them to their full effect. Or you could have her weapons be slightly less effective than normal, perhaps she lacks people with the skills to repair such sophisticated items.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Helmgard

Thanks for all the comments guys, always love feed back.

Might keep her as just an awesome looking model, work on someone else as the leader. She can be my Amberly like character from the Ciaphas Cain books. 

Currently painting up the sister repentia model, but again twin bolt pistols maybe a little powerful, will be doing a bounty hunter next though.  Thinking of a shotgun and bionic, as I really can't stand the arms the model has, love the legs, torso and head with the hat though, gotta love that hat!

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Helmgard on July 05, 2012, 02:45:03 PMCurrently painting up the sister repentia model, but again twin bolt pistols maybe a little powerful
That could be somewhat offset by not taking the Ambidextrous or Gunfighter skills, as tempting as it is to do so. It's basically the case that every guns akimbo character gets these skills, which shouldn't necessarily be the case.

I admit that my own dual-wielding character did eventually get given both, but with a low BS and some fairly low powered stubbers, she was proving a little ineffectual with all those penalties as well. (She still doesn't hit much even these days, though.)

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Helmgard

That could be quite an interesting idea, renowned for her terrible accuracy, given a second pistol so she can spray more bolts in the right sort of direction with still not a lot of chance of hitting anything. I like this kinda thing! Great way to develop idea's for characters. Wasn't really planning on an all girl warband as well to be honest. I'll get a few more painted and work out a group from there.

Helmgard

Just thought I'd post the gang up as a whole so far, top two shelves are ebay buys, the rest are my own creations, but other then the 3 I posted up already all need a bit doing to them as I painted them a few years back, so not happy with them now!

Dolnikan

That is a veritable collection, I look forwards to seeing more of them.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Helmgard

So the sob is coming along, but done her as a Martyered Lady, what colour should I do the purity seals.. normally they are red but..

Charax

white's a good colour for seals, and it'll stand out nicely from the black & red
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Helmgard

was doing the manuscripts white though, so they would maybe clash with that. Not sure, wondering about a darkish blue.. or yellow, but again, might clash.

phil-o-mat

try green purity seals!
dark angels green as base colour, goblin green mixed with dark angels green as highlight, devlan mud as shade.

just my two cents.

phil