Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

More Denizens of the Coelacanth

Started by Macabre, July 08, 2012, 02:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

Right, I have sooooo much to get painted, but I'm still working on more modelling projects. These are more inhabitants of the Chartist Vessel - The Coelacanth.

Commander - Iota Quintus

Seneschal - Septimus Pavayne

Ship Deathcultist - Cyllell sy'n Torri

Side Shot

Ishmael (finally completed)

Jokaero - Sascha

Back Shot

Intership Courier - Liberty

C&C welcome ^_^
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Knobby2

Really liking them all, the jokaero is an amazing idea, never thought of that one, might have to pinch it :D

Where is the death cultist's lower section from?

MarcoSkoll

Some nice (and original) conversions that make inventive use of 28mm parts.

The criticism I have to make though, is that while I think Liberty is a fairly good use of parts (although I'm not sure quite how "40k" she is, given that midriff baring T-shirts aren't exactly common attire in the 41st millennium), she's suffering from "collarbone breasts" - namely, that her breasts appear to be attached to her collarbone, and are thus too high up the torso.

Normally, the "curve" of the breast starts at the armpit, with the nipples approximately a third of the way between the collarbone and the pubic bone.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

The legs for the deathcultist are from the OOP Wood Elf Goddess Ariel.

And, Marco, I think it might be a poor photo angle, here's a close up side shot.

Charax

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on July 08, 2012, 03:27:27 PM
(although I'm not sure quite how "40k" she is, given that midriff baring T-shirts aren't exactly common attire in the 41st millennium)

That's what 90% of the Escher range are wearing, although the non-juves tend to put some armour plating on top

(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

MarcoSkoll

@Macabre: Not as bad from the side shot, but probably still a bit far up the torso to my eye.

@Charax: Other than a couple where it's arguable, the Escher mostly wear tank tops. In any case, the two I've got have been steadfastly painted without bare midriffs. But as neither had a visible navel even before conversion (hidden behind weapons), not exactly an unreasonable interpretation.

(But as an aside, I think Jax - who has Escher inspired attire - is my only character of bare midriff, but that's really an aesthetic choice to show off more of her mottled skin.)

I'd have to go through the "40k pictures" folder on my hard drive and see what I could turn up.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Helmgard

Some awesome work there, they look very good!
Maybe something on the commander though, those legs look a little spindly..

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Commander Quintus does look a little top-heavy (at least, from that angle), but since she's wearing some pretty substantial armour (and, therefore the imbalance doesn't represent her actual, bodily proportions) I don't think it's a serious problem. (Also, she has a plasma-gun, and what appears to be some sort of power-fist/ claw; who's going to be stupid enough to insult her aesthetics to her face!?)

As for the Courier, I'm with Marco in that I do think her bossoms are a bit too high up. If you look at the Death Cultist (which I love, by the way), her breasts are at roughly the same hight (as Liberty's), but she has her arms raised above her head, thus lifting them up. Other than that, I think it's a good model, though. Although, on a side note; is Liberty an 'Intership' courier (ie. one who carrys things between ships), or an 'Intraship' courier (ie. one who carrys things from place to place within the same ship)?

All in all though, a really good set of nice, well-executed miniatures (have I mentioned I really like the Death Cultist? That dress with that torso gives a great sense of movement to the model!).
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

Heroka Vendile

nice stuff, interesting to see the Avatar legs on Eisehorn's body.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Quickdraw McGraw

You're really good with the green stuff!  My favorites so far are the Jakaero and liberty.
I can't wait to see them painted!
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

Macabre

Thanks for all the comments guys, and with the advice of Liberty's breast line, I've had another go. Let me know if this is better?

Thankies ^_^

Quickdraw McGraw

It looks more natural.  Yes, much better.
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

axiom

Great looking figures - the death cultist is my favourite by far - great pose and overall look!

Alyster Wick

Your stuff always looks great. I'd criticize you for not painting anything but then I'd have trouble facing myself in the mirror. I don't know what it is, you have a flair for parts that is just amazing. Seriously, I still remember your "Conspiracy" thread, some of my favorite models on the clave (despite not being painted).

Also, I am totally stealing the leg/torso combo from Septimus. I have an Eisenhorn torso and avatar legs that both need a home and you have shown me the way.

Kaled

Do you leave them as bare metal and greenstuff? If I was converting but not painting a model I think I'd still be tempted to spray paint them white to give them an even finish. Or maybe grey - definitely not black as it hides too much.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat