Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Has anyone used Preiser's 1/32 miniatures for NPC's?

Started by Kaludram, July 21, 2012, 03:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaludram

So, new to the forum, but I'm trying to get back into Inquisitor after an 8-year hiatus.  Here's the question:

I positively despise painting large groups of supporting characters--it's the main reason I walked away from Warhammer 40K when it started requiring massive numbers of rank and file troops.  However, some of the "scenes" I would like to run in Inquisitor require a lot of "extras" so to speak.  I've seen the Presier 1/32 railroad people on sale on eBay and http://www.reynaulds.com/catalog/dept_358.aspx.  Though most wouldn't work at all, I am considering that the construction workers, farmers, and railroad workers would work okay after a wash or two to adequately "grime them up."

Has anyone used these miniatures side by side with typical Inqusitor figures?  If so, how do they scale, is the quality okay for NPC's, or do they just scream, "I am a 1970's Earthling that has no business on this tabletop!"

Any opinions would be great help.
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Knobby2

if i remember correctly 1:32 is a fraction smaller, but the thing too remember is that they are human models, and last time I checked humans were all different shapes and sizes so it shouldnt be an issue, plus as they are only generic npc's people shouldnt relly be focusing on them too greatly

Zakkeg

Quote from: Kaludram on July 21, 2012, 03:10:43 PM[...] or do they just scream, "I am a 1970's Earthling that has no business on this tabletop!"

This seems like the big problem to me. I imagine the effect produced would be a bit like those Star Trek episodes that had the away team stuck somewhere that bore an uncanny resemblance to Earth at a specific point in its history. (Which could make for a fun one-off, but as I assume you'd planned on using these models again and again...)

That said, you're unlikely to be able to do much better if pre-painted minis are what you're after. So I suppose they'd do in a pinch. Shame the model train crowd hasn't got a bit more imagination... :P
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Dolnikan

They could work but I would still tr to do some work on them to make them look a bit different, a bit of paint maybe and some proper iconography would go a long way.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Heroka Vendile

As is so often stated, the Imperium is a very, very, very big place with millions of populated worlds. You can use any era fashion style you want with complete impunity.

They look not bad, prices are maybe a bit much for what is presumably cheap durable plastic.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy