Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Schola Progenium concept

Started by Kaludram, July 23, 2012, 01:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaludram

So, long story short, when I first started playing Inquisitor, I bought some 1/35 scale miniatures to add some variety to my NPC's.  When assembled, it was clear their stature was...wanting when compared to 54mm heroic scale miniatures.  Back to the bitz bin....the very bottom of it.

Later I dusted them off and realized they would be the perfect size for teenagers when compared to the larger =][= figures.  So, I assembled them and swapped their guns for some extra ones I had in the bitz box.  (I'll post pictures on the Hobby forum later.)

So now I am working on the concept that will bring them to the tabletop.  Here is the idea:

-----------------------

Inquisitor X arrives at an all boys Schola Progenium on a recruiting tour.  He has brought only one or two of his normal warband companions with him since he has no reason to believe there will be trouble--just a few days to test some of the boys for potential in the Inquisitorial ranks while the rest of his warband sees to equipment repairs, training, and coordinating with other Inquisition contacts.  (Gotta let the NPC's take care of the background stuff every now and then.)

While visiting the school, the Inquisitor becomes ill at ease, sensing some nearby threat that he can't put his finger on.  Unable to leave well enough alone, (He's an inquisitor, afterall.) he sends his sole/one of his two companions to ask some questions to follow-up.  Said warband member disappears--captured or dead.  The circumstances bring to light a cult/alien nest/heresy that must be dealt with quickly while it is still small.  Due to the circumstances, officials in the planetary government are suspect, so calling on native resources is ill-advised.  (Now, here is where I draw a little from the Preacher Josef background in the =][= Sourcebook.)  With no other alternative, the Inquisitor orders a few of the boys armed with the weapons available at the school to accompany him (and possibly one other regular companion and/or an instructor from the school) to confront the problem while a decapitation attack is still likely to prevent a full-scale incursion by the Imperial Guard/Astartes/Grey Knights.

---------------

It's really rough, but what are your thoughts?
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Zakkeg

Sounds quite feasible. Should make for quite a fun campaign. If you do go ahead with it I'll be very interested to hear how it all goes!
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Akuro Adenn

Love it. It has great potential for the drama from untapped talent, desperate heroics, and the suspense of being vastly outnumbered, with enemies on all sides, and rising pressure. The potential to explore the true natures of the students, as each rise to the challenge, or crumble under pressure.

Yeah, that'd be a freaking awesome campaign. Hell, it'd make a good book. A good movie. Wish I could participate in that. Keep us posted on how its going.

Dolnikan

That sounds very interesting. The progenia would not nearly be as effective as the normal kinds of people an inquisitor works with but many of them would still have the blind faith of their indoctrination, making them more than willing to die for the Emperor.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Kaludram

Quote from: Dolnikan on July 26, 2012, 02:10:03 PM
That sounds very interesting. The progenia would not nearly be as effective as the normal kinds of people an inquisitor works with but many of them would still have the blind faith of their indoctrination, making them more than willing to die for the Emperor.

That's the idea.  Consider the old movie Toy Soldiers--that's what I'm heading for.

Akuro Adenn

Of course most of the students would be rather under par- that's a given. But the potential for a riveting story is still there. Especially when each of the students has different strong points and weaknesses.

Kaludram

As promised, the concept models for the Schola Progenium campaign can be found on this thread.