Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Ynek's new WIP - Explicator Sophie Vandus

Started by Ynek, September 16, 2009, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ynek

A few more pictures. Only a small update this time, as a lot of my attention has been diverted to my first ever commission. As it's not related to Inquisitor, I'll say no more on that particular matter.

Anyway, here's the latest. At the moment, I've just finished putting on her boob-tube/top, which will be worn beneath her long, fluttering coat. I also cleaned up some of the sculpting on her arms, and I've lopped off one of her hands, as I felt that it wasn't representative of my best work, so I thought I should start over on it.

Anyway, here are the boobs:

In this first picture, the finer points such as collar bones are quite visible, thanks to the position of the light. You can also see just how I've blended the boob onto the ribcage, so that it doesn't look quite so "poke your eyes out".

A picture from the other side, to show the over-the-shoulder strap part.

Whole body

Head, neck, shoulders and boobs.

"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Darios

silicone time isn't it?  ::)
but nice sculpting!

precinctomega

I wouldn't have said it was quite that bad, but I don't know of any woman who could concentrate on killing the bad guys in that top without being constantly distracted by whether she had "slipped".

Perhaps she should also be wearing a bra top under the assymetric T-shirt?  That would also make you look less of a perv, Ynek.

R.

Heroka Vendile

bonus points if you can sculpt a lace bra  ;)

nice progress
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Ynek

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on October 14, 2009, 10:35:25 PM
bonus points if you can sculpt a lace bra  ;)

I have started work on a sort of bra, but it's not a lacy one... Lacy bras are hardly this character's style.

It's really more of a sort of bikini-top style that I've gone for with the bra. Once I've got the GS all cleaned up, I'll post a piccy.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Tullio

QuoteI have started work on a sort of bra, but it's not a lacy one...

Black grox hide then?  ;)

Ho ho ho. Aren't we all witty

Tullio

psycho

I was thinking more along the lines of zebra print haha
But on the matter at hand...i like this mini, it has substance and oozes the sort of "touch me and ill bite your head off" look that alot of female minis lack

keep it up Ynek

kerby

Ynek

Another small update -

I've shortened her trousers down to a pair of thigh-length shorts and I've started to add such details as pockets and seams. Additionally, I've added all the necessary gubbins to her pistol to stop it looking like a brick with a gun barrel and it is now starting to look like an actual weapon.

I also finished off her shiny new bra, which helps to keep her from bouncing into every dirty heretic's face during a fight. (Perhaps a good distraction, but perhaps a little tacky for one of the Inquisition's agents.)

I'm also redoing her hands. The original hands, when I looked at them, were too small to be in proportion. The last time I sculpted human hands was on my Progenius, and those of you who remember that model might remember that it had hands like dustbin lids. Therefore, when I started on Sophie's hands, I was a little bit worried that I might make them too big again, so it looks like I ended up overcompensating and making them too small. However, I have since lopped off her hands, and am now in the process of doing new ones.

Simeon Blackstar

Looking good!  She'll be fantastic when finished.  I've got to give resin casting a go myself sometime if you can get results like that chainsword.

Ynek

I've been a bit distracted by the awesomeness that is Space Hulk recently, but I am still making progress with Sophie. Here's the latest:

EDIT: Damn, I'm an idiot tonight... Forgot the links.

Although the changes look fairly minor, there are a few fairly big differences. Namely that I've resculpted the hands entirely. The old ones were too small for scale. Additionally, I've added a lot more detail and gubbins to her (such as the sword shoulder-strap tied around her arm and the armour plate on her right forearm, and the seams/pockets of her shorts etc.)

Anyway, I just thought I should share just so that you didn't think I'd given up on poor Soph.

precinctomega

Perhaps I should have noticed this earlier, but is there a deliberate resemblance (beyond the region between throat and solar plexus) to a familiar Tomb Raiding young lady?

R.

Necris

I've always felt that chain weapons would hang on some form of hook or ring set up possibly with some sort of protective sleeve for the chain bit of the weapon.

Maybe if you cut the bulk of the sheath away to make like a protective sleeve instead of something to fully hold the weapon it would look better.
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog