Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Gav Does inq28mm

Started by greenstuff_gav, April 17, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

I now also see the tech priest a bit differently...

But it does look good, a bit creepy and menacing, but that fits with the Mechanicus I think. It only looks a bit thinner than most 28mm models.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

greenstuff_gav

so, it's been a while but i've still been busy; the Adept (now named Dragos) is done and is undercoating :)

wasn't too keen on the buzzsaw but it'll do :)

the Plasmacannon Servitor has also had a lick of paint and is close enough to done. don't know if i'm gonna do tattoos on the skin areas :)

i also painted the old school metal servitor :)

and another of the finecast servitors; i did a small hackjob to get him a couple of sets of claws; these servitors are designed more for labour; plenty of heavy lifting gear :)

what prompted the mass of painting? i'm writing an introductory scenario for some of the regulars at Triple Helix
part of the scenario will feature charging units and so i knocked up some quick markers :)

a 40mm Base, two tubes, a side panel from a Relthoza Cruiser, a Rackham Round Base and a 20mm WHFB base :)

so, i've gotten my scenario written, characters created and painted (except Dragos!) and 2 of the 3 / 4 players arranged :D
once we've played it, i'll be writing it up into a nice DM article same method as Data Transfer :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

KrautScientist

Wow, Adept Dragos is really great! He's looking so sinister... Good job!  :)
Check out my blog at http://www.eternalhunt.wordpress.com

World Eaters | INQ28 | Terrain | Other

Shannow

Agree with KrautScientist, very cool and sinister looking! I assume not being cast? Sadtime :(
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Easy E

A simple and brilliant idea for the Tech-adept! 
^Cheapskate^

greenstuff_gav

so, with the Conclave approaching i began thinking about crews to take and thought i'd like to take my Exodite Sniper, Khisanith (on the right).
I'd need a reason to get her there and was thinking which Inquisitor would employ a Xenos... when i remembered Helena Jericho ... but i'd need a 28mm version as i plan on having both scales to fill out numbers :)

so, out came the greenstuff and a lazy sunday (where i don't know what project to work on!) and i'm at this point so far :)

3/4 hours work, paperclip armature and a Hasslefree armature head :)
gonna pick up a 2nd ed plastic shuriken pistol tomorrow and can continue work (arms, chain and hair next) .. but it's mostly all wet gs at the mo...

cheers!

Build Your Imagination

Dolnikan

She looks very good so far, just like the larger model, really, marvellous work!
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

greenstuff_gav

slight update; hair has to be done in two separate stages to avoid squishing :P

the braids are sculpted as a single long one, which i'll cut to fit :)

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

well, there's a delay with Jena's braids; been trying to sculpt 'em thin enough to not look redonkulous and failing, am on attempt 4 :P

so, Rowne's crew has had reinforcements, Transmechanic Neida Fareese.

one of the limited run Lost Clan / Phoenix Miniatures Female Cadians, she's had a few mechanical augments to aid her as Rowne's public face.

Neida Fareese
-Transmechanic

While nothing about Fareese made her stand out on the Forge World of Transack III, amongst normal humans she was known for a gift of communication and a pleasing facial symmetry and an aesthetically pleasing physique.

It is these qualities that convinced Magos Rowne to request her transfer into his service; his reduced physical presence and harsh unforgiving manners often causing conflict.
Fareese now serves as communications and transmissions expert, sending and recieving communique.
As of late, now she has proven herself to Rowne, she handles alot more; meeting and greeting visitors to his facility and acting as his spokesperson when he is unavailable.

While other members of the mechanicus see her as an archtypeal bimbo or a shining example of eye-candy she is well liked and sets about her duties with an almost infectious cheer.

WS BS   S    T  I  Wp Sg Nv Ld
66 52 55(75) 65 55 75 66 68 72

A Way With Words: Fareese has the Persuasive ability and may reroll attempts at understanding new / unusual languages or missives.

Persuasive – A Persuasive character may make persuade tests using his full Leadership.

Build Your Imagination

Keravin

I really like Neida.  Wish I'd gotten some of those bits.