Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Long lost treasure -- Seeds of Slaanesh cult

Started by Kaludram, August 25, 2012, 02:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaludram

Okay, so my next offering from the bottom of the lost warband box are a pair of conversions meant to be the seeds of a Slaanesh cult.  They are the head priest and a Daemonette:

I must admit that the Daemonette is not my paint job.  She got painted by a friend in exchange for my conversion skills on something that just wouldn't work (until I got my hands on it  ;) that is).  The Daemonette is built with ZERO Inquistor model range bitz.  It is a resin Elvira figure that I happened to spot in the back of a local hobby shop and have never seen anywhere else converted with various 40K demon bitz.  The priest is half old 40K daemon prince and half Inquisitor figures (Josef & Covenant) with a WFB Slaanesh standard as the top of his staff.

I am having a hard time getting the staff top to stay put.  The shaft is too thin to pin well, but trying to glue it flush in the right fist is not strong enough.  Any suggestions?
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Mordenkenain

try an external pin system, place thinner than normal pins all around where you're going to place the top of the staff to form a socket.

you can use extremely long pins and then wind them round the staff to add extra detail as well as holding it in place
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit

Kaled

I got some very small drill bits which I've successfully used to pin much thinner parts than that in the past. I got mine from Heresy Miniatures;
http://www.heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_68&products_id=196

Alternatively drill into the hand and file some of the detail off the top of the staff so that it can fit into his hand.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Van Helser

I have had that daemon prince torso in my bits box for years but have never found a use for it - seeing it combined with Malicant's legs like that gives me hope that it will one day get used.

Cool looking models too - the daemonette is the perfect mix of alluring and creepy.

Ruaridh

Trasher

I've been wanting to do a crazed cultist with Malicants legs and a bare or barely clothed torso, perhaps this might be the way. The Daemonette is cool, but is he/she/it that shiny IRL? If I am allowed to nitpick she might do with some shadows in the deep recesses of her dress? Otherwise she's really cool and I love the kitbash you did with the other model!
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

greenstuff_gav

for the staff, i'd recommend going the otherway; find thicker brass rod than you're using (but smaller'n the head) and use it as the staff; you're using the pin as the rod :D

i like 'em both, the bright colours of the daemonette gives a "not of this world" feel to her :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaludram

Quote from: Trasher on August 26, 2012, 12:08:53 PM
...If I am allowed to nitpick she might do with some shadows in the deep recesses of her dress? Otherwise she's really cool...

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on August 26, 2012, 12:43:48 PM
...i like 'em both, the bright colours of the daemonette gives a "not of this world" feel to her :)

Thank you both for your differing opinions.  The daemonette is very bright and shiny IRL.  This was an intentional result from using bright paints and a gloss varnish to seal.  I wanted her "shiny" on the table so she stood out with almost a visible daemonic aura around her--after all, she is supposed to be Slaanesh's embodiment of sexual attraction, right?  Since I didn't do the actual paint job, I must defer to my friend who I think did very well accomplishing what I was aiming for but didn't have the time to do.

Trasher

She does look "out of this world" and that's the whole point I guess. I do love the blue/reddish paint on the claws and legs, and also I think I can spot veins on her arms? Wicked! Are you currently working on any of the warbands you've posted?
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

Kaludram

Quote from: Trasher on August 26, 2012, 02:57:34 PM
...Are you currently working on any of the warbands you've posted?

I am taking stock of what I have and making plans for re-establishing my workbench.  After eight years, I don't even have half of my tools, and all of my paints and inks are drier than Tallarn.  Anyway, I plan to work on some of these starting in the late fall after I have some time to get going again.  What I am really working towards now is collecting ideas from what other people are posting here and getting some feedback on what I have built myself.  I hope to round out some of my warbands that only made it through a couple of people or stayed as concepts back when I was in college and had time to work on things regularly by next spring.  Between work and kids, it's tough to keep a sustained effort on anything.   :-\

Dolnikan

The models look good, and show a lot of imagination. The conversion work as always looks great, it hardly shows that it is a combination of multiple vastly different models.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Kaludram

Ultimately original is what I am most looking for.   The kit bash puzzle challenge was always my favorite part of this hobby, then playing the game, then painting.  A couple of these were put together just to see if I could make something cool with little regard for a back story--that often came after I put together a new model.