Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Jax Lynn - possible new version

Started by MarcoSkoll, July 17, 2010, 05:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elva

Ooh, more work? I look forward to seeing them :)
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

MarcoSkoll

Because I've been referring to her quite a lot recently, I'm posting the most up-to-date version of Jax's rules. It's not wildly different to the last one - in fact, I think all the stats are the same, but almost all of the abilities have been reworked to some extent.

She also uses my modified version of Catfall these days (which is partly based on the Dark Heresy version)-  I've included the wording of that below.

WS   BS   S    T    I    Wp   Sg   Nv    Ld  Spd   Kckbk    BIV  SS  Conc
56   52   60   65   60   54   42   120   53    4     6      7    20    49
Jacqueline is Ambidextrous

Skills: Gunfighter, Pilot, Unbreakable.
Traits: Feel No Pain, Iron Jaw, True Grit.
Mutations: Immortal, Tailed.

Weapons: 2x Standard Stubber, 8x Stubber reloads, Knife.
Armour: None
Equipment: Comm-Link, Reloading Rig, Sanctioning forms.

Iron Jaw: No matter how hard the character is knocked about, they always manage to keep their wits.
Every time the character takes a non-persistent stunned result, they may take a Toughness test to negate it. This is rolled separately for each turn they would be stunned.

Feel no Pain: The character is indifferent to pain and injury, and can fight on even when grievously wounded.
-   The character's toughness is increased by half for the purposes of System Shock and Consciousness
-   The character halves any speed penalty from injury results (rounding the reduction down).
-   The character is not compelled to extinguish themselves if on fire.

Immortal: Jax heals at rates several orders of magnitude faster than normal humans, with no limits currently known to what she can heal - even death doesn't seem to last.
Jacqueline has the Regeneration ability, but can/must attempt to regenerate even if stunned, suffering system shock, or unconscious (anything other than dead). Her regeneration action can however be exchanged for (if valid):
-   A re-roll on any single T test (not her normal recovery!) she takes in the recovery phase.
-   A fresh resistance test against any gas, toxin, poison, venom, virus, etc currently affecting her.
-   Recovering half the margin of success on a T test from any reduced stat (up to its starting value).

If, for any reason, she suffers a "Dead" result, her injuries have proven temporarily fatal. Although her regeneration can and will bring her back from death, lack of blood circulation heavily slows her regeneration and she will play no further part in this scenario.
For campaign purposes, non-fatal injuries are healed in minutes, and fatal ones in a matter of hours. Additionally, any effects on her memory/mind (amnesia, memory modification, mind-scrubbing, brainwashing, insanity, etc.) will always end between games. While these effects may last temporarily (and thus, this skill has no effect on tabletop play), her mind will heal this damage on campaign time scales.

However, no medical equipment or skills have any effect on Jax. Such chemical cocktails, techniques and bindings are far too crude to be able to do anything to accelerate her body's healing.

Tail: One of Jax's most obvious features is her five and a half foot semi-prehensile tail.
Semi-prehensile:
Treated as a third arm (off-handed) which can be used for relatively basic tasks (holding a weapon, reloading, operating a door handle, etc). Its dexterity is however limited - as a rough rule, similar to wearing mittens or oven gloves. (So holding guns, yes. Pulling the trigger, no). The length and flexibility of her tail allows it or any weapon held in it to have +/- 1 reach in close combat.

Centre of Gravity: If not holding anything, Jax's tail can be used to improve her balance and agility. She can negate any failed risky movement actions or avoid being knocked prone on a successful Initiative test, may re-roll any other movement based tests and gains Acrobatic and Catfall.

Jax's "Legs" hit location is replaced by "Tail and Legs", and the GM should choose between the three as he would normally. The tail injury table is as per the Arm injury table, but with the additional Persistent Serious effect that she must roll twice for all its CoG abilties and choose the worse result.

Unbreakable: While Jax is not immune to torture, she doesn't fear pain or humiliation, and is all too familiar with betrayal. She may reroll to resist interrogation or threaten attempts.

Pilot: Mostly at the GM's discretion (depends on their vehicle rules), but should include assorted bonuses to the control of aerial vehicles. In Jax's particular case, it should also be noted that she is capable of maintaining full consciousness in high-G manoeuvres, exceptionally hard to disorient and similarly good at overcoming motion sickness.

Catfall: A character with catfall may test initiative when they fall. If they pass, they will land on their feet (and will not be stunned), and for the purposes of damage, their falling distance is reduced by 1 yard, plus an extra yard for every 5 points they pass their test by.

Reloading Rig: An apparatus designed to hold several magazines, and allow Jax to reload her pistols using only a single hand. While using this, Jax may reload without needing a free hand - and may thus reload both her pistols simultaneously.

Sanctioning forms: Impossible to brand or tattoo, Jax instead carries a number of parchment scrolls that detail her service to Inquisitor Skoll.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles