Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The eBay alert thread

Started by Simeon Blackstar, September 20, 2012, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simeon Blackstar

Right, let's group all those lovely notifications into one place. It makes sense for us not to bid against each other unnecessarily.

First off:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inquisitor-scale-weapons-and-guns-/140851614744?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item20cb691418

Someone selling off the bolter and melta packs in this auction, finishing at 12:08 BST on the 23rd Sept.

It's going to go into "unaffordable on a student budget" territory soon, but I'd be willing to contribute to anyone who wants to make these available to the community, without going into details... ;)

Cortez

Interesting its got the force weapons and some extra bits like the Daemon Huntress Halberd and Kroot weapons in it too. Unfortunately I don't think I can afford it at the moment  :( . Its been an expensive month already for me.

krenshar

I'm more interested in the seller's other bits listing.  Are any 'Clavers bidding already on that?

Koval

Both look rather interesting but I think I'll leave them be.

I must, however, admit that I can't place an arm in the second picture -- it's holding a laspistol and is next to Covenant's book.

MarcoSkoll

That arm is from the Genestealer Magus Conversion pack.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaludram

Alright, so I have some money left for this month's Inquisitor budget.  Anyone want to split the cost with me 'cause I sure don't need all of those bolters and meltaguns.  Otherwise, I may just pass for this time around.
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

aeprod

I'm probably going to go in on this auction, and if I win, I'd be happy to make these available, though I'm not sure of the process and such for doing so around here.

Charax

Well, the packs can be purchased before a caster is found. I know of someone who does incredible quality resin casts, but is a bit..iffy about recasting (personal use only, so we cant sell the kits). Other than that we ideally need someone with a vac chamber and some resin casting experience.

Good idea to keep an eye out for some of the more OOP gear and post it here, the last thing we need is another intra-conclave bidding war (£83 for a lasgun!)

Funding-wise, I'm a little tapped out from the 6th edition 40K launch, but I'm happy to contribute to/cover the casting costs in exchange for a few packs :D
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Kaludram

Quote from: aeprod on September 22, 2012, 09:03:44 AM
I'm probably going to go in on this auction, and if I win, I'd be happy to make these available, though I'm not sure of the process and such for doing so around here.

Okay, so here's a suggestion: You bid on one of the two lots, I'll bid on the other, and we can swap the parts we want the most at a later date.

If you are interested, which of the two weapons lots are you more interested in?  If not, I think I am just going to try to bid on them both.

Let me know.

Heroka Vendile

Saussure has always been firm but fair in stating that no selling goes on on the clave, and that no "manufacturing" is associated with the forum, lest it become to target of litigation for promoting such activities. Unlikely perhaps, but still worth avoiding.
Whatever the owner of a rare part does with any copies made for "personal use" is their business, but must be kept to private exchanges.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaludram

Okay, so without specifying what I plan to do with them, I will bid on the parts available on the specified thread.  Afterall, I need them for some conversions of my own.  Please don't bid against me and force the price up.  If you are interested in access to the parts for your own uses, please let me know via private communication as I don't intend to immediately install them on a miniature or even use them all.

Kaludram

Didn't win.  Went out of my budget by <$2 right at the end  :'(

Simeon Blackstar

Oddly, he's split up the Kroot and Genestealer magus arms - the winners may have to do a swap to get a complete set each... ;)

Unlucky Kaludram - I'm not sure whether you might have been bidding against aeprod, though...

I'm not planning on bidding on the next lot as I've spent a bit on Necromunda recently.

Heroka - cheers for the heads up, that's an important point to make. Let's just reiterate that illegal resin casts are not and cannot be for sale over the Conclave. Casting for personal use is not prohibited, as far as I know, but what happens to those casts should not be discussed on the forum unless it's in the form of modelling.

Kaludram

Quote from: Simeon Blackstar on September 23, 2012, 01:26:52 PM
Unlucky Kaludram - I'm not sure whether you might have been bidding against aeprod, though...

I'm not planning on bidding on the next lot as I've spent a bit on Necromunda recently.

AEProd never responded to my message to find out if he was bidding or not, so I proceeded on the assumption that he was not.  Horrific bad luck if the two of us managed to single-handedly bid up from 32 to 56 GBP.   :o

Wish I would have won, but that's what budget lines are for.  Cross 'em at your own risk.   :-[

I'm not planning on bidding on the next lot either--already have most of the bitz sitting in the back of the bin.  However, I did find another eBay auction for the one bit I wanted the most and will hopefully be able to make a more successful run at that.  :-\

krenshar

I'll make a move on the 2nd lot then.