Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Greggorius Teuthian

Started by Brother_Brimstone, November 17, 2011, 09:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother_Brimstone

I saw the 'Pirate fighting Giant Squid' model, and thought it would make a great Ordo Malleus inquisitor fighting some horrific warp-spawned tentacled terror. When it comes to painting, i'm going to make some summoning symbols around, and i'm going to add slate to the base, so the modelled rocks don't seem so conspicuous. Yes, he is armed with a bolt pistol and power-fist, but he is a daemon hunter, so I felt it was appropriate.

Comments and criticism welcomed and appreciated

Nevermore2010

Personally i love Pirate themed conversions so I quite like it, my only comment would be does he really need the sights on the bolt pistol? If you have got a pistol thats already fairly hefty for a normal human to use, would you really want the added weight of the sights on it? I just think it looks like a really heavy weapon to be held in onehanded. Thats said... he's going one on one with a deamonic squid, he can probably handle his weapon lol

Apart from that, i like the feel of the model, If i changed one thing it would be the bolt pistol for maybe a flamer or perhaps a force hammer (if background allowed).
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

Adlan

Some slack in the chord for his power fist, and as Nevermore said, the sight on the pistol isn't quite right. Actually the pistol looks entirely too much like a bolt gun right now, with the forgrip and sight. I'd think it'd look a lot more pistoly cut off just before the foregrip, and then the barrel replaced.

But that's just fine tuning. I love the concept, and the model. Though it might be a gameplay challenge on that large base, it looks entirely awesome.

Brother_Brimstone

Thanks for the comments; i've taken what everyone has said on board and made adjustments accordingly. I didn't want to reduce the bolt-pistol's length too much, as I like it being quite bulky, but i've filed off the foregrip to make it more pistol-y and removed the sight. I've also based him, but i've still to add little details of the daemon's summoning to his base - they'll be added as I find appropriate bitz.

Any more comments/criticism welcomed and appreciated.

Fugitivus

Out of curiosity, who produced the pirate & squid model? Not going to do the same thing as you, just wondering as I'm always looking around for sources of 54mm figures  ;)
It's the Grimdark future of the Grimdark 41st Millenium, it's Grim and Dark and Grim and Dark and there is only War, Grimdark War on a thousand Grimdark fronts against the Grimdark threat of the Warp.

Brother_Brimstone

The model I used is the Reaper Miniatures Master Series 'pirate vs sea monster' - www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Master%20Series%20Miniatures/latest/30013

Thanks for the comment.

kierkegaard

Quote from: Brother_Brimstone on November 17, 2011, 09:56:41 PM
Yes, he is armed with a bolt pistol and power-fist, but he is a daemon hunter, so I felt it was appropriate.

Well, with that name, surely he is a squid hunter!  ;D

I agree with Adlan - the power fist cable connecting it to the backpack needs much more slack - it would be useless like that. Otherwise, it is an excellent looking model. I look forward to seeing it painted.

Adlan

Quote from: kierkegaard on November 22, 2011, 07:33:19 PM
I agree with Adlan - the power fist cable connecting it to the backpack needs much more slack - it would be useless like that. Otherwise, it is an excellent looking model. I look forward to seeing it painted.

Kierkegaard agreed too, check the updated photo, the powerfist now has enough cable to freely move and smite with ease.

I too look forward to seeing it painted.

Brother_Brimstone

A second dose of threadromancy, but I've been painting some old models, and this was one of the opieces to get the treatment:

Comments and criticism welcomed and appreciated.

Kaludram

It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Swarbie

Hahaha great model, and I love his last name! Very appropriate :P
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning