Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Dreadknight

Started by Kaludram, September 24, 2012, 01:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaludram

So, has anyone had any experience translating parts from the Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknight into 54mm scale?  The weapons look great, but I'm not so sure about the rest of the miniature.  Looks like he'd be a tall and spindley Space Marine in 54mm scale, but the kit looks so tempting!
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Heroka Vendile

the guns are a good size for BFGs in INQ and the hammer would work well on a space marine/tyrus conversion as a thunderhammer. As for the rest of the frame, always struck me as suitable for a praetorian servitor chassis.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Waaaaaaaay too tall to be a Space Marine - it's about 10 feet tall (to the top of the shoulder hydraulics) at 54mm scale:

And regardless of what some people might have you believe (misinformed through Chinese Whispers and a mislabelled diagram), that's three feet taller than their official size. I really don't like the idea of Marines being much bigger than that seven (maybe "and a half") feet. They have got to fight through terrain built for regular size humans, so even that would be problematic at times.

One suggestion that has come up before has been the obvious one of simply re-scaling it, such that it's still a teleoperated combat suit, just with a proportionally bigger driver. This, however, is very difficult from a modelling perspective unless you just want to give it an NPC driver.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaludram

This is just what I needed.  Thanks for the warning before I went out and spent a pretty penny.

Kaludram

On second thought...I just had a FANTASTIC idea on how to use this model for something uber-cool.

SPOILER ALERT.  Stop reading if you haven't played Death of an Angel from the Inquisitor Conspiracies series and want to preserve the surprise.

So, in the "Death of an Angel" Campaign, the last Scenario identifies the Angel as a being "twice as tall as a man" and winged.  So, here is my plan:

1. Start with the dreadknight. 
2. Fill in the chest space where the rider is with Dreadnought or Titan bitz.  Do some putty work as last resort.
3. Add a suitable head...probably will need something around 1:16 scale, maybe 1:24
4. Eliminate the hydraulics
5. Give proper feet to the legs
6. In place of the engines in the back, install the largest set of wings I can find
7. Arm with the Nemesis Sword or something suitably gigantic

It would be a big project...but I think it would be really cool and allow for running the Death of an Angel campaign with an adequate climax.   Probably wouldn't get to use the model too much for anything else, but at least it would give me a great excuse to pick up a dreadknight and work with a model I really like.

Suggestions?  Thoughts?  Alternate ideas or pitfalls?

Sumaki

a servitor ive been working on in my spare time.