Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

"Stitch" Sidal (pic heavy)

Started by Serge, September 18, 2009, 02:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serge

Sister Hospitaler Beatrice Sidal (AKA "Stitch" Sidal)

Size comparison.
Nothing endorses anything that has something to do with me.

Hadriel Caine

Your sculpting is very individual, that's a good thing.
You have a certain Tim Burton quality to your work. I love this model, its static but terrifying and imposing at the same time. great facial expression.

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Aidan

Wow, impressively detailed sculpting there. She's very 40k, more than a little creepy. And she compliments your inquisitor nicely.

-Aidan.

Dosdamt

Utterly brilliant and bonkers at the same time.

So 40k; it's almost like Blanche met Tim Burton and they had a love child named Serge and he created these.

They look great together too.

-Ben
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Adlan

Fantastic!

My only criticism would be to have the hands picked out a little more brightly, they kinda blend in with the dress a little.

But Very 40k, Very Nice.

MarcoSkoll

Very Blanche.

It's nice sculpting, but I still have to comment on the oversized head.
The human head is about 1/7.5 of the body's height - your character has a head of about 1/5th the total height - in other words, about 50% too long. This is mirrored in the width, but not completely in the depth - which gives the character a head that's oversized - but also slightly out of proportion with itself.
On a similar note, the eyes are a bit too far up the skull.

Paint-wise, she's got exceptionally pale skin, and your colours also look pretty flat to me, with very little in the way of shading.

In other words, this is a good model which immediately has a home in the world of 40k because of the "Blanche" in it - but it needs a "deeper" paintjob and a new better proportioned head in order to make it a fantastic model.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Darios

cool sculpting and model but the head... well i'd call it a mess... sorry... totally agree with marco here...

Kaled

I like the detailing on the back of the dress - very nice work.  She doesn't really look like a Sister Hospitaller to me - more like some Imperial noblewoman with a penchant for torture and cruelty.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Ynek

As has already been said, your work always has a certain Blanche/Burton feel to it which is very appropriate, if a little creepy. The sculpting work is pretty good, and I particularly like the multi-layered skirt.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

RobSkib

Great concept Serge, but am I right in thinking that you only have a couple of paints ie just red, white, black and blue? You really should invest in some more colours!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Serge

Quote from: RobSkib on September 19, 2009, 02:18:38 PM
red, white, black and blue?

And mithral silver.  Have no cash however. But lots of wire and and slghtly more than 1/5th kilogram of greenstuff.
Nothing endorses anything that has something to do with me.

psycho

my god you have a twisted imagination my friend.
love your sculpting, as ive had one done for me (which payment will be completed soon) and i must say in the flesh they models are brilliant, however the heads let you down. They arent in brilliant comparison and they just look too big mate.
but if Blanche and Burton did ever make a love child im sure itd look like you.......
creepy

kerby

RobSkib

Quote from: Serge on September 19, 2009, 04:57:04 PM
Quote from: RobSkib on September 19, 2009, 02:18:38 PM
red, white, black and blue?

And mithral silver.  Have no cash however. But lots of wire and and slghtly more than 1/5th kilogram of greenstuff.

Good gravy man, how have you coped so far? Paints aren't exactly bank-breaking for a couple of pots, I think investing in a flesh colour and a brown would do so much for your painting.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Inquisitor Liss

Those are really cool.  I think her expression is what makes her really unique.  My stuff all looks like Gumbie meets goth with a 40k bit attached :P
have you used her in a game?

kierkegaard

How did you mix brown if you only have red, white, black, blue and silver paints?

Very individual models (ie: bizarre.) The heads may be too big, but they certainly have character.