Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

ScottM96's Retinues

Started by ScottM96, September 30, 2012, 07:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottM96

Good Day to you, fellow Conclavers,

I thought it was about time that I put up some images of my own models, given that I have spent much time amongst the forum without much contribution. Of course, C&C are welcome - especially in regards to painting tips - given that these were my first 54mm models, after a few years playing the "core" GW games.

Inquisitor Flavian Koth - Ordo Hereticus (believed to be of the Thorian philosophy)

A close up on the face - here we can observe Koth's bionic left eye.

And a close up on the Force Halberd - the electric blue effect was inspired by the Sgt. Lorenzo model from Space Hulk (2009)

"Wolf" Murphy - Acolyte of Flavian Koth
It was interesting painting "Wolf" because I decided to try and paint dark skin for the first time - I thought that it might be easier and more distinctive on a larger model. I'm quite happy with the result, the muted red and grey scheme contrasts quite well with Koth.

Durdreg Gutwort - Ork Freeboota
Without a doubt my favourite model I've done for the game. I had a blast converting him and I plan to undercoat him and start painting him today - after a few months hiatus gathering dust on the shelf. I figure that as Koth has been around a while, he might have a few unsavoury contacts to call upon in times of dire need (stress on the dire) - although Gutwort may always fight for whose offering the best pay...

Size comparison with Wolf -

And that's pretty much it so far. I'll try keep you guys updated with anything that I do that's Inq. related. Even though interest for the game has died down a bit in the local area, I'd like to keep adding to my collection - the models are just so enjoyable to paint and convert as a getaway from the endless ranks of 28mm infantry that I usually paint.

The models I'd ideally like to add would be a Space Marine (not for regular use on the battlefield) from the Raptors chapter (that I play in Epic: Armageddon), and probably a Tech-priest. I do have a Sergeant Stone model around that I started to convert into a Psyker, so maybe that will be next...

Until next we meet,
Scott.

Myriad

Liking this collection, they've all just got that individual touch to them.

Excellent Ork conversion, always fun to convert different looking models.  I'd be tempted to edit the axe grip a bit, since the balance looks a bit off, but maybe he's just being a macho orc.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Cortez

The Orc looks great, can't wait to see it painted. You've done a nice job with the other guys too, I really like the Force Halberd on the inquisitor and the Black skin on the Slick model has come out really nicely.

Heroka Vendile

That's quite a nice ork conversion - I suppose you can explain away his smaller stature to his being a younger freebooter away from the influence of other orks. The Ogryn works pretty well as a basis though.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Knobby2

I can see that ork idea been stolen, love them all though, what parts were used for the ork?

ScottM96

Quote from: Knobby2 on October 01, 2012, 09:08:42 PM
I can see that ork idea been stolen, love them all though, what parts were used for the ork?

Ork Parts List

• Main Body: Imperial Guard Ogryn 1
  • Head: Assault on Black Reach Warboss head
  • Axe: Plasticard tubing and the axe head from the Ork Nob that came free with the AoBR White Dwarf
  • Spacer between Legs and Torso: Shoulder plates from the Ork Boyz kit
  • Extras: Gunsight, Shell Casings and Stikkbombz are from the Ork Boyz kit

Also note the thin plasticardon the soles of his feet, which raise him from the ground a bit more.

Scott.
[/list]

Knobby2

Many thanks, I shall start digging through my bits box in about 30 seconds :D

Kaludram

Don't forget that the Russian miniature company does a set of 54mm Fantasy style Orks as well.  You can pick them up on eBay pretty easily for ~$12 US for a pack of 5.  It's another idea if you'd like some 'Boyz.
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.